Responsible for accounting functions of a prominent Seattle shopping center with assistance from an accounting assistant/ bookkeeper. Position reports to general manager of the shopping center with oversight from management company CFO.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including GAAP.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and remain organized.
- Possesses excellent problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses excellent Excel skills; strong computer skills in Word and Outlook.
- Shows ability to work in a variety of accounting software programs; will need to become proficient in MRI accounting software.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Must have at least five years previous financial experience in a retail or property management setting.
- College degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Ensuring compliance with financial terms in tenant leases including but not limited to
o Calculating percentage rents,
o Calculating annual operating expense recovery including CAM, utilities and taxes
o Compiling monthly and yearly sales reports
o Reconciling delinquencies and collections
- Ensures that accounts payables are coded and paid in a timely manner
- Processes monthly general journal entries
- Tracks capital expenditures related to tenants and building
- Prepares monthly reporting packages and variance reports
- Completes bank reconciliations for multiple operating accounts
- Assists with year-end audits as needed
- Prepares annual budgets
- Supervises accounting assistant/bookkeeper that has part-time accounting functions
- Salary DOE
- Health insurance, including dental
- PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Company paid life and disability
Pine Street Group (PSG) is a Seattle real estate developer and manager of commercial, residential, retail and mixed-use properties, working...