Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of monthly and quarterly financial reports to the project owners. Manages activities of assigned accountants and works closely with Property and Facility Management.
1. Review and approve all work completed by staff including account receivables, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and financial statements.
2. Ensure that balance sheets, income statements are accurate and have been prepared in accordance with GAAP or other acceptable basis of accounting.
3. Prepare and review monthly and quarterly financial statements.
4. Review monthly and quarterly owners’ reports to be delivered directly to Asset Management.
5. Provide financial support to the Property and Facility Management team; explain accounting policies and procedures and assure timely and accurate financial data.
6. Review property management documents including management agreements, leases, and/or contracts to ensure financial compliance.
7. Coordinate and/or review monthly owners’ reports, quarterly re-projections, annual budgets and other financial reports to assure accuracy and timeliness of the financial data.
8. Review and approve monthly sales tax calculations.
9. Review and approve CAM.
10. Work with on-site as well as corporate property management to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
11. Evaluate and balance the workload of both regular property management tasks and special projects for assigned accountants.
12. Maintain the accounting software package, MRI.
13. Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
14. Train, mentor, and review property accountants.
15. Maintain Due date schedules/calendars.
16. Complete additional duties as assigned.
Requirements (Experience, Education, Competencies)
Minimum of 6 years property management accounting experience is required. Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience is required.
Education & Training
BA/BS degree in Accounting or finance from a university or college accredited through a Regional Accrediting Association. CPA is preferred.
1. Motivated, ambitious and service oriented. Change agent.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong attention to detail, well organized.
4. Sound analytical abilities.
5. Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines consistently. Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
6. Proven effective management experience, team building capabilities and process improvement focus.
7. Excellent general computer and Excel skills. Strong working knowledge of MRI is required. Yardi experience is helpful.
Carter - 16 months ago
The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded marketers of...