Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at RockResorts/Vail Resorts Hospitality ("RR/VRH") is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
As the Property Accounting Manager you will be responsible for oversight of the day-to-day accounting for 100+ properties in Keystone, Breckenridge, and Vail/Beaver Creek. You will oversee a staff of two who perform the day-to-day accounting for the properties. In addition you will oversee a staff of three who are responsible for interacting with homeowners. In addition to property financial statements you will interface with property managers (internally), independent auditors, and tax preparers.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting for 100+ standalone property business units.
- Assist in monthly financial statement review and reclassifications.
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries associated with close.
- Review 100+ bank account reconciliations and property level balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets for your portfolio.
- Reconcile interunit account between Vail Resorts and the properties.
- Primary point of contact for yearend income tax preparation and annual audit/review procedures.
- Encouraged to build relationships with the on-site Property Management Team and Boards of Directors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2 years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- 2 – 4 years of industry experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Background in property accounting, hospitality, or both preferred
- Understanding of complex interunit transactions a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask required
- Ability to quickly understand and retain new tasks
- Strong background in Microsoft office products required
- Previous background in Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications or equivalent accounting system required
- Strong interpersonal and internal/external customer relation skills
CPA candidate or licensed CPA preferred but not required
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 14 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...