In brief summary, the Property Accounting Supervisor is responsible for managing and directing the property accounting function and the preparation of related reports and statistics. Duties include the overseeing of all day to day financial inputting, tracking and management and maintaining adequate control for the designated accounts.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees all day-to-day financial inputting, tracking and management, including the maintaining adequate controls for the designated accounts of his/her responsibility.
- Applies appropriate accounting techniques and standard practices when inputting, tracking, analyzing, reconciling and reporting on his/her designated accounts of responsibility.
- Audits, edits and posts journals entries.
- Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensures monthly general ledger journal entries, bank reconciliations, weekly check runs, and month-end closings are completed accurately.
- Works with Accounting Manager and other company management to prepare quarterly and annual operating budgets.
- Reviews and consolidates property management financial statements.
- Has direct reports which he/she manages, develops, and supports.
- Supports Accounting Manager, as and when assigned and appropriate, on all auditing procedures, processes and requirements.
- May perform other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Hires, manages and directs the career development of his/her team. Ensures his/her team has the appropriate technical skills, tools and facilities in order to competently perform their roles. Manages overall performance of employees through the Company’s performance review process.
SELECTION CRITERIA :
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field; CPA a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in financial/accounting management; 2 years at manager level
- Previous experience in Real Estate, Property Management or related field preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of computers: Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other applicable accounting software
- Previous experience with MRI system is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment):
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and individuals as well as work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Strong service orientation to internal customers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent sitting with some standing and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning & analyzing
Carmel Partners - 8 months ago