As a Property Adjuster II in the Philadelphia Claims Office servicing claims in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties (Delaware, Chester, Bucks and Montgomery), you will exercise independent discretion or judgment in handling all types of property claims. Also assist or act on behalf of the claims supervisor when required.
Please note: This is a work from home position.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to operate a computer and related software.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Physical ability and willingness to climb onto roofs and to lift and climb ladders.
- Willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Willingness to work in undesirable indoor environments (e.g., houses exposed to flooding, fires).
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- The Property Adjuster II will work from home, servicing and ideally residing in or near Philadelphia County and surrounding areas, (Delaware, Chester, Bucks, and Montgomery).
- Use of a company car is provided.
- Candidates meeting below minimum qualifications may be considered as a Property Adjuster I (C24).
- High school diploma or GED required .
- Bachelor’s degree preferred .
- Five years property claims adjusting experience required .
- Demonstrated proficiency with estimating software required .
- Successful completion of Associate in Claims (AIC) program preferred .
- Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
- Position requires the incumbent to serve on Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks.
- Appropriate license as required by state.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required .
Great Insurance Jobs - 6 months ago