Job Title: Property Claim Associate Adjuster
Job ID: 03992
Division : Claims Operations
Work Location(s): United States-Indiana-Field Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This is a work from home field position with a company owned vehicle provided. Flexibility with hours/schedule is required to accomodate customer's expectations. Territory will include Indianapolis metro and surrounding areas (Cumberland, Greenwood, Plainfield, Greenfield, Plainfield, Danville, Brownsburg) but may also require travel outside of this primary area.
Depending upon qualifications, the selected candidate may be considered for a higher level position.
Candidates with construcation and/or restoration experience are preferred.
A training position whereby the Associate Adjuster learns, experiences, and develops multiple skills and activities required of a Claim Adjuster. Participates in required training activities, and learns investigation and settlement techniques. Learns and develops an understanding of corporate procedures and philosophies. Supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and learns the value of partnering with agency to deliver seamless customer service. This position is part of the job family for all Claim disciplines.
- Acquiring Claims Knowledge (100%)
- Attends a New Employee Training program held at local office. Training includes various system training associated with claim processing.
- Attends a New Employee Training program held at American Family Headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. Topics covered include: American Family policy and procedures and company culture and their application to the Claim environment.
- Participates in an on-the-job training program and job shadowing experience which provide opportunities to apply claim processing knowledge gained through the New Employee Training program. Training will include exploration of the agent role in the claim process.
- Completes discipline specific training as assigned. This entry-level position is part of the Adjuster and Senior Adjuster job family for one of the following disciplines: Casualty, Physical Damage, Property, Commercial Farm/Ranch or Workers Compensation.
- Partners with management to select and enroll in one to two American Family general education courses offered via the Learning Connection. In addition selects and enrolls in an Insurance industry course from either the Insurance Institute of America or the Associate in Claims Program.
- Handles files with limited authority based on management discretion.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Self Development
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 9 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...