POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for the investigation and adjustment of personal and commercial lines property claims and for the coordination of site inspections. The position mandates successful completion requirements of Fundamental Claims School, which includes obtaining an overall passing score.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Researches, analyzes and interprets policy language and state law as it applies to submitted claims.
- Conducts investigations, damage assessments and claim evaluations.
- Evaluates and applies policy coverages, escalating as necessary.
- Works with insured and external business partners regarding the handling and/or disposition of claims and other issues.
- Calculates and negotiates settlement payments accurately and within specified time frame.
- Recognizes the need for negotiation, and participates in planning strategy and negotiating within scope of authority.
- Works with other areas in accordance with subrogation, salvage and the Special Investigation Unit processes.
- Documents all information that is relevant to a claim and prepares reports as required.
- Updates the claims system to include documentation of all claim activities.
- Keeps current on industry activity and trends and completes required training as necessary.
- Participates in catastrophe response, as needed.
- Participates in training and mentoring of Property Claims Adjusters.
- Represents the company at mediations, appraisals or legal proceedings, as required.
- May occasionally be required to conduct field inspections.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of subrogation, salvage and the Special Investigation Unit processes.
- Ability to negotiate and reach agreed scope and cost of repairs with customers and vendors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or in field with skills transferable to insurance ; OR 2 years claims adjusting experience.
- Two years experience handling property claims.
- Previous computer estimating experience.
- Must possess a valid, active and appropriate Florida adjuster license by first day of employment and maintain it as a condition of continued employment. Appointment required.
- Within 90 days of employment, must successfully complete all requirements of Citizens Fundamental Claims School which includes obtaining an overall passing score.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or in field with skills transferable to insurance experience.
- Insurance industry designation.
- Three to four years experience handling property claims.
- Proficient in the use of Xactimate estimating programs.
This position requires the ability to be mobile, operate a motor vehicle and climb roofs. Ability to work in a highly energetic and flexible work environment. Ability to sit, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer. Position may require occasional overnight travel including catastrophe response.
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation - 17 months ago