Volunteers of America Texas is a faith-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the vulnerable reach their full potential.
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of grounds, apartments, office facility and equipment. Performs a variety of work activities in the maintenance of the grounds at apartment location. In addition, minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting as needed to assist in getting units ready for rent. Keeps work log and work orders for specific site requirements. Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Performs repair and service work on air conditioners including complete removal and possible installation.
- Performs minor repairs to the electrical systems both inside and outside of units (e.g., breakers, outlets, switches, disposals, interior and exterior lighting systems, etc.)
- Performs an extensive range of repairs on the plumbing systems.
- Performs repairs related to the structure to include: carpentry- door repairs and replacements; exterior deck repairs; hardwood flooring; tile work, etc.
- Performs work on roofing, gutters, shingles and downspouts.
- Performs interior and exterior painting to include preparations of drywall and siding and staining and finishing of exterior and interior wood surfaces.
- Repairs and replaces windows, screens and doors as needed.
- Performs the approved maintenance procedures for each property.
- Completes all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Works independently by driving unassisted to and from job assignment sites in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Daily/weekly tasks include maintaining logbook of daily accomplishments completion of forms for work done on “move outs”, work orders and preventive maintenance/routine maintenance.
- Organizes and maintains maintenance shop with tools and materials for daily tasks.
- Prepares housing units for new incoming occupants.
- Re-keys and replaces locks, doorknobs, and dead bolts.
- Schedules daily workload.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and professional conduct consistent with the mission of Volunteers of America Texas.
- Incumbent must practice safe working habits including but not limited to using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- Assists supervisor with budget control activities, e.g., conserving resources, reducing utilities cost, avoiding waste, reducing overtime, etc.
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must successfully complete any required training and acquire any required certifications within prescribed timeframes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires a reasonable combination of the following skills: minor electrical repair, heating and air conditioning maintenance and repair, minor plumbing repair and construction. Mechanical aptitude is required. Physical ability and skills to perform necessary repairs and maintenance are required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience working in the maintenance field OR a high school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a maintenance trade/vocational school.
- A Texas Drivers License is required and the ability to be insured.
Volunteers of America - Texas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off (PTO) for full time positions.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America Texas - 8 months ago