OR TRAINEE (CLERICAL/ASSISTANT)
We are looking for someone who wants in invest in a creer to be a Property Manager! You'll start off as an assistant, spending up to a year in training. We need no prior experience because we want to build you from ground-up! You'll be dealing with agents and tenants, making a commitment to better housing and real estate!
Office Hours: Monday to Friday from 7:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. Able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
Pay: $15/hourly during training period
- Answer phones and take detailed and accurate messages.
- Satisfy repair requests. This task involves documenting the details of the repair, coordinating with the vendor, tenant and owner and following through until the repair has been satisfied. Repair may be a single or a multiple number of jobs for one property.
- Greet and meet with tenants who may walk into the office and handle their needs (take messages, provide documentation, respond to questions, explain rental agreements etc.).
- Compose letters as simple as transmitting material to responding to complaints delinquent rents and evictions etc. Form letters are available but may need to be revised to fit the situation.
- General filing and research.
- Communication/team player - keep others informed of the tasks that you are working on and keep informed of what others are working on. (Emails as well as verbally - reason all the assistants sit close together.)
Ability to multi-task.
High School Graduate. Some college or college graduate preferred.
General office experience. At least 2 years of experience preferred.
Familiarity with areas around Oahu. Need to have a sense of time to get from one area to another to schedule property managers (i.e. know that it takes 20 minutes from Kaneohe to downtown without traffic but possibly 45 – 60 minutes with traffic.)
Good work ethic and pride in one’s work.
Friendly and able to articulate on the phone.
Familiar with use of email, Google, Word, Excel.
Detailed oriented. Proof-read work.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to work until the job is done.