Property Manager |
Job Title: Property Manager
Department: Property Management
Reports to: Senior Property Manager
Location: Terminus 100
The Property Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling administration, operations, and fiscal management of the property. In addition, this role is responsible for operations and maintenance; life safety; property appearance; human resource administration as assigned; lease administration; accounting and finance; security; parking; tenant relations; energy conservation and environmental protection programs; and all contractual services and properties performance. Specific duties and measurement methodologies may vary by property.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations by creating and sustaining good will between landlord and tenant and by providing consistently responsive quality services.
- Provides assistance to marketing and leasing personnel as needed.
- Develop and maintain ongoing, meaningful communications with the Accounting, Development and Marketing/Leasing Departments.
- Assures compliance with property coverage standards of The Cousins Way.
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of new employees including training, orientation.
- Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports.
- The Property Manager is expected to be thoroughly conversant with and knowledgeable of the following aspects of property management:
- Tenant Relations
- Contract Services Administration
- Lease Administration
- Leasing (strategies) set by company policy
- Engineering and Preventive Maintenance to include establishing PM Programs
- Energy Management and Utility Usage
- Accounting and Finance
- Activity and Variance Reports
- Emergency Procedures & Disaster Recovery
- Policy Manual and Administration
- Insurance (coverage and liability)
- Garage and/or Parking Operations
- Operations Sequence
- Personnel Administration
- Employee Relations
- Management Skills
- Codes and Regulations
- Landscape and Grounds Maintenance
- A minimum of 5 years overseeing property management of a Class A multi-tenant office building.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- A high school diploma required.
- Must work well with others and interact positively with customers, contractors and engineering.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results.
- Must be responsive with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others and able to respond to the property for problems.
- The candidate must demonstrate ability to analyze monthly and quarterly financial reporting, cost-benefit analysis, budget forecasting, prepare monthly packages and annual budgets in excess of $12 million.
- Tenant build out/construction administration and management experience preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) is required.
- Professional designation from either BOMA or IREM is preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Language Skills: The position requires the ability to read and write English.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Cousins Properties - 2 years ago