Reports to: Senior Pastor
Directly Supervises: Maintenance Staff
Status: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
Pay rate: $15-18/hour
The Property Manager oversees the church buildings and grounds, directs supervision of the maintenance and cleaning support staff, coordinates building use, and manages the mechanical operations of the church.
- Oversee all repairs and maintenance of the church building and the Sally Campbell Lodge.
- Negotiate and monitor all facility, grounds, maintenance, insurance and equipment contracts.
- Oversee the ordering, inventory and maintenance of all supplies and equipment.
- Train and supervise maintenance/cleaning staff. Assist in scheduling activities in the building.
- Oversee building security, including locking/unlocking at appropriate times.
- Coordinate with McLaurin Parking on all parking issues.
- Program A/C and heat as needed for various functions.
- Coordinate maintenance needs with Child Care Center and AYM.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the Property Committee.
- Communicate as needed with church committees, chairs, key volunteers, and staff to ensure the efficient operation and administration of all church programs.
- On-call during non‐business hours to respond to emergencies.
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding of and full support for the mission and values of First Presbyterian Church, Asheville; consistently behaves in a manner congruent with those values and beliefs.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates the technical skills related to building maintenance/construction required to execute the essential functions of the job; familiarly with communication equipment (telephone, internet, wireless systems); willing to develop/update technical skills as needed.
- Communication: Is able to deliver a message clearly, articulately and with appropriate emotion in a variety of settings; demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand; adjusts the message, without losing the essence of the message, depending upon the circumstance and the listener.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable and open.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and directs the time of others to what is important; recognizes the critical issues at hand; can sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; demonstrates focus.
- Project Management: Identifies the key objectives and scope of a proposed project; garners needed resources and project support, develops a realistic and thorough plan for achieving key objectives, keeps team members briefed on progress, implements action plans, communicates progress to sponsors, identifies and resolves barriers and problems.
- Supervision: Establishes clear expectations and direction; distributes the workload appropriately; provides regular and ongoing feedback about performance; proactively deals with substandard performance; engages disciplinary processes in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Demonstrates ability to see a Property and Buildings as integral to the broader ministry of FPC. Values other ministries of the congregation and demonstrates the ability to work collegially in all aspects of ministry
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field, or extensive experience and training
- Experience in a faith-based or non-profit setting preferred
- Proficiency in using personal computer and software programs (e.g. email, spreadsheet, word processing)
- Valid Driver's license
- Able to move freely in a variety of settings (church building, public places).
- Able to speak and write articulately and intelligibly.
- Able to perceive and receive detailed information and make fine discrimination in sound.
- Visual acuity sufficient to perform required duties and assignments.
Indeed - 17 months ago
First Presbyterian Church, Asheville is a 750-member downtown church with an attendance that is steady year-round. Our congregation draws...