Supervises and coordinates the daily operations of an apartment community including, but not limited to, the general administration, leasing and occupancy, maintenance of the property and management of all property associates. Responsible for maintaining the physical assets and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income, without compromising the quality of the property's appearance or level of service. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management and ensures that all associates are familiar with and understand them.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads and manages property associates on a direct or indirect basis. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, holds accountable, implements corrective action and terminates associates. Verifies and approves hours worked, scheduled, overtime and on-call hours and prepares the work schedules and on-call schedules. Recommends pay changes and status changes.
2. Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between property associates and the Corporate Office. Completes performance evaluations on supervised associates. Ensures the highest level of performance and professionalism of supervised associates. Responds to emergency situations, contacting appropriate Regional Managers or agencies as necessary.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of all maintenance programs and capital improvement projects to ensure the proper and efficient operation of systems, preventive maintenance programs, housekeeping functions and responses to resident service requests. Ensures compliance with housing quality standards. Coordinates with Engineering Department on all major maintenance issues.
4. Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management and time-keeping software systems including assistance in training of new associates and ongoing training of property associates. Prepares purchase orders and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Reviews, understands, analyzes and makes recommendations for vendor contracts to Regional Manager.
5. Assists with the preparation of the annual operating budget for the property as well as
projections. Reviews monthly operating results with Regional Manager and assists with
the preparation of written variance reports.
6. Assists with the development and implementation of a marketing plan for the property based on a careful and factual analysis of competitive properties. Responsible for
coordinating the advertising and promotional needs of the property to maximize marketing plans and on all major marketing issues with the Marketing Department. Ensures that the property complies with affirmative marketing procedures and goals.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal
laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and
procedures. Ensures compliance of property associates. Depending on property needs, ensures all affordable housing program requirements and applicable HUD/Agency regulations are monitored and in full compliance with regulatory agreements and agencies, including waiting list, certifications, recertifications, and other reporting requirements.
8. Approves all applicants for residency, including eligibility for affordable housing
programs (if applicable), approves all leasing documents and ensures that all application
fees, deposits, and move-in monies are collected. Collects rent from residents, verifies amounts paid, accounts for discrepancies, deposits rent daily, sends verifying information to Corporate Office and follows up on any delinquent rents, initiating collection and/or eviction procedures as necessary.
9. Conducts move-in and/or move-out inspections of apartments, charges residents for
applicable damages or unpaid fees, prepares and approves related move-out documents, sends verifying documentation to Corporate Office and maintains on-site records. Conducts move-in inspections to determine market readiness and implements housing quality standards. Performs interim unit inspections annually or as directed.
10. Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites (where applicable) and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions (where applicable.) Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects
funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals.
11. Depending on property, may perform functions of Assistant Property Manger. Some functions include: preparation of service requests, follow-up with residents, etc.
Internal contacts include Regional Manager to obtain and exchange information, and direct
associates to advise, consult and counsel. External contacts include vendors to influence and
negotiate and residents to respond to inquiries.
Approves property level spending up to $1,500 per transaction. Recommends spending over $1,500.
Provides ongoing work assignments for associates
Provides on-the-job training to associates; monitors progress.
Schedules work hours for associates.
Coaches associates for performance improvement
Conducts performance reviews for associates
Final decision maker when hiring and/or terminating associates.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in property management or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; preferred ARM or CPM designee or candidate.
In addition to the education outlined above, 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in supervisory and property management.
Knowledge of fair housing laws, affordable housing programs, and proven property management performance. Must possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); One-Site experience preferred.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Associates are expected to come to work punctually every scheduled work day, presenting a professional and positive Company image in keeping with the objectives of the Company and the residents and/or tenants' welfare. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions, and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City Enterprises reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City Enterprises.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 11 months ago