Responsible and accountable for on-site operations and performance of a specific apartment community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct property operations and staff in the most cost effective manner.
· Develop and manage annual budget.
· Maintain occupancy levels according to budget.
· Hire staff, manage performance of staff and address all employee relation issues.
· Manage, motivate and develop staff.
· Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance.
· Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
· Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, bank deposits and petty cash records.
· Pursue delinquent rents and evictions and provide required information to collection company.
· Provide account information to the Regional Supervisor.
· Direct all marketing and leasing activities and maintain targeted occupancy.
· Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
· Supervise the maintenance staff, repairs, preventive maintenance and improvements.
· Supervise all landscaping, lawn care and snowplowing activities.
· Work with the Regional Supervisor to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
· Show apartments to prospective residents.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 1 year of experience
· CAM, ARM or similar recommended.
· Knowledge of Section 8, HUD program rules, regulations policies and procedures
· Knowledge of Public Housing,
· Layered Management knowledge
· Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures, routine reports/correspondence and to speak effectively with groups of employees and/or residents.
· Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - Intermediate experience with MS Office. Intermediate experience with property management software.