A supportive service agency on Chicago’s mid-south side whose mission is to promote a holistic agenda for the homeless, low and moderate income residents to enable them to rebuild their lives. We combine affordable housing and on-site supportive services for the residents it serves. It works in partnership with other community civic, economic and social service organizations to achieve its mission.
The Property Manager is responsible for coordinating and maintaining current files, including rent collections, maintaining communication with applicants and other duties assigned by the Facility Manager.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
FRONT OFFICE OPERATION
LEASING & OCCUPANCY
- Supervises the front office staff (Desk Clerks) and the operations of the front office area. Desk clerk personnel matters are to be trained by the Education and Employment Manager.
- Make sure that all shifts are covered
- Responsible for desk clerk coverage until replacement arrives
- Keep track of Monthly Calendar of upcoming events
- Take minutes at all desk clerk meetings and distribute within 72 hours of the meeting
- Take pictures of new tenants
- Orientate new tenants to building
- Prepare Monthly Desk Clerk Work Schedule
- Ensuring proper paper work and forms are at the desk at all time
- Ensuring desk is stocked properly with office supplies, etc.
- Responsible for all office supplies and office equipment purchases
- Participate with Supportive Staff in the process of hiring, supervising and dismissal of desk clerk staff.
Conducts monthly unit/building inspections, assist in tours and recommend capital improvements.
Oversees the full life cycle of the rental process which includes but not limited to:
Overall, operating standards are:
- Handling applicant inquiry calls and assisting all walk-in traffic
- Advertising the property
- Enforcing the terms of the lease
- Preparing all applicant files for interviews as part of scheduling appointments.
- Mailing out applicant verification forms and other tasks involved with certification and re-certification
- Documenting all applicant information on checklist in files
- Scheduling applicants for interviews, perform file reviews for applicants to determine acceptance or rejection by using the appropriate criteria within the standard timeline
- Conducting telephone verifications
- Coordinating the application/screening process with the Supportive Service staff on tenant selection to insure fairness and accountability in making decisions regarding new applicants.
- Implementing and adhering to the Tenant Selection Plan requirements and Fair Housing regulations.
- Collecting and tracking all rent due from commercial and tenant leases.
- Preparing and distributing 5-Day Notices by the 8th business day of the month.
- Enforcing tenants leases within limits imposed by HUD-Section 8, or the City of Chicago.
- Maintaining the established operating standards of occupancy, retention rate, and collection:
- 97 % occupancy level maintained with eligible residents.
- 90% Retention Rate maintained among program residents
- Collect 97% of all contract rent
- Less than 1% bad debt
- Operate within budget
- Unit turnaround within 60 days from move-out to move-in
REPORTING & DATA ENTRY
- Employ attorneys to handle any legal matters, concerning tenancy issues and/or within the limits imposed by the owner.
- Coordinate the filing and settlement of claims in the event of damage or condemnation.
- Obtain all necessary governmental approvals, and permits necessary to comply with all laws, rules, ordinance, statutes, and regulations applicable to the property, including, SRO license, inspections, insurances, etc.
- Employ attorneys to handle any legal matters within the limits imposed by the owner
Specialized Knowledge of Skills:
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager with the process of purchasing and inventory procedures of all supplies, equipment, materials and services of maintenance.
- Complete all annual, bi annual, quarterly reports as required by the deadline.
- Maintaining Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract, affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan: (HUD 935.2), resident files, rent roll, payment receipt ledger, security deposit records, reasonable accommodations and modification records,, litigation files and records, physical inspection records, house rules and policies.
- Submit regular report on leasing status to the Facility Manager
- Report variations, problems and current status to the Facility Manager
- Maintain client A/R Accounts in QuickBooks & One-Site Software
The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, possess excellent communication skills – written and verbal, a team player able to work independently as well as in a group, innovative, resourceful, and patient, possess a strong sense of honor and integrity, possess an unwavering commitment to personal and professional integrity with a philosophy of quality workmanship, computer literate, and a passionate commitment for justice and respect for the dignity of all persons.
- To have an understanding, appreciation and commitment to the mission and philosophy of TRC.
- Be courteous to tenants, guests, and co-workers
- Computer literate, (above average skills required), word processing, excel spreadsheet and data base knowledge
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
- To be able to demonstrate clear, professional boundaries
- Experience and/or certification with Fair Housing Laws is a requirement
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to act in a professional environment
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people including tenants, employees and guests.
- Must be certified as Leasing Occupancy Specialist
- Follow all procedures as detailed in the procedure manual
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED with 5 or more years of leasing clerk experience or BS/BA degree with 2 years experience as leasing clerk
- Minimum of 1 year customer services/ or related experience
- Familiar with property management software
- Familiar with HUD policies and procedures
NPO.net - 14 months ago