The primary purpose of this position is to protect and enhance the owner's real estate assets by identifying center objectives, and through the direction of subordinates and the performance of income producing activity, translate these objectives into operations, marketing, leasing and other profit enhancing programs.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Maximize EBITDA through a deliberate process of increasing all management driven income sources while controlling expenses
• Understand and analyze all financial reports, REAs, and other information and effectively utilize the knowledge gained to positively impact the performance and direction of the center
• Manage net profit programs for maximum results and benefit
• With input from the mall and regional teams, develop and implement a comprehensive Strategic Business Plan which addresses the opportunities and needs of the center
• Manage all service contracts in accordance to all SPG policies and procedures
• Maximize effectiveness of center’s public safety and security strategy
• Ensure security provider fulfills their contract according to the strategy established for the center and assure appropriate Simon programs are in place
• Maintain a safe environment by training mall staff to identify and eliminate safety hazards for the mall staff, tenants and customers
• Enhance revenue and retail sales through the development and implementation of the property marketing plan, including both income generation and core marketing programs
• Implement opportunities to enhance sales of key or signature tenants
• Create a positive shopping experience for customers through establishing and upholding appropriate operating standards at a competitive cost
• Maintain property at the appropriate standard with walk throughs and documentation and tracking of deficiencies
• Develop and execute a comprehensive energy plan
• Establish and oversee implementation of preventive maintenance programs for critical building operating components, ensuring compliance to the Simon Field Purchasing Policy
• Identify, retain, develop, motivate and lead all members of the mall team
• Maximize the mall’s influence and leadership position in the community and with partners for the company’s benefit
• Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with tenants and anchor stores
• Maximize center efficiencies through the effective management and control of administrative procedures and company policies
• Fulfill Manager-on-Duty Rotation and maintain day to day activities as necessary which may include emergency situations
• Read and interpret paper- or computer-based engineering drawings and schematic diagrams
• Maximize center efficiencies through the effective management of Capital Projects
• Develop and execute 5-year capital plan that focuses on asset preservation and life cycle costs, maintains a comfortable and safe shopping environment, and reflects revenue enhancement/expense reduction opportunities
• Review and recommends approval of contract plans and specifications. Assists in preparing Service Agreements for approval according to policy and procedures
• Budget, forecast and execute purchases and projects in a manner that minimizes variances in the financials of the property
• Create a best-in-class shopping experience for customers in every possible way
• Minimum 3 or more years of experience or training in shopping centers or equivalent retail environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Effective writing and communication skills in public speaking.
• Good working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and financial analysis.
• Strong human relations skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing work environment.
• Proficient in the use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office and other programs as applicable to the property.
• May need to carry materials and equipment up to and exceeding 50 lbs.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P 100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:...