A Talisker Mountain Destination
At Canyons Resort, proud winner of the 2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award , you’re not just an employee, you’re a Guide. As such a Guide, you have the opportunity to create extraordinary experiences for our guests and as a company, we can say without a doubt that we value our Guides above all else.
If you're ready to be part of something big and believe you can make a difference for our guests and owners, we might be the right fit for you.
JOB TITLE: PROPERTY MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: LODGING ADMINISTRATION
STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall day to day operation and execution of assigned property by collaborating with Housekeeping, Front Office, Engineering, Owner Services and other departments as necessary.
- Provide superior service to our Guests, Homeowners and Guides at all times.
- Oversee all daily operations of assigned front office functions including front desk, guest check-in and out, bell staff, ski valet staff, reservations, housekeeping, engineering and group room coordination.
- Plan and conduct staff daily pre-shifts and monthly department meetings.
- Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities, assign and review work, seek opportunities, etc.
- Hire Front Office Guides for property that follows company procedures and standards.
- Manage Front Office Guides for property by completing schedules, payroll, recognition, disciplinary actions, continued training, reviews, etc.
- Establish self as direct liaison with all homeowners.
- Program all necessary and required elements to enhance the atmosphere and experience of your building.
- Monitor all assigned operations on a regular basis to ensure quality of service, inspect owner arrival rooms, VIP Arrivals and other on-property events, etc.
- Weekly building walkthroughs with Engineering and Housekeeping.
- Confer daily with Maintenance leadership and Housekeeping leadership, and often with other department or Company personnel, to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities, services, events, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare various administrative and operations reports and records related to assigned functions.
- Meet with owners and solicit feedback for improvement.
- Attend quarterly HOA meetings.
- Attend meetings as appropriate and bring information back to property Guides.
- Be willing to cross-train with other departments and be able to cover shifts (as necessary).
- Be willing to work on weekends, holidays, nights and graveyard shifts (as necessary).
- Ownership of Front Office PNL and understanding other’s PNL. Budget for Front Office Line. Attend monthly PNL meetings. Assist in planning and administering budget of assigned property and ordering supplies.
- Deal regularly with vendors, contractors, developers, HOA and other supporting partners.
- Ensure that proper safety, and security procedures are followed by all staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to Director of Rooms & Property Management
- Manages Front Office guides; i.e. Front Desk and Bell/Valet, Concierge, Ski Check, etc. when applicable.
- Use of keyboard, phones, bending, lifting
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hospitality Management preferred to include 1-2 years related experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Familiarity with computerized information systems, including MS Suite; Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- General office/phone skills.
- Is able to make recommendations to resort departments relative to how we can guide our guests to extraordinary experiences.
- Sets the example relative to Canyons’ etiquette guidelines.
- Is able to lead, coordinate and manage resort organizational meetings.
- Exercises the use of independent judgment regarding how the resort creates and implements extraordinary guest service and authentic guest programming.
- Is honest and has the highest of integrity.
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Not only adheres to guidelines, but is comfortable in discussing a lack thereof with other Canyons staff.
- Follow established policies and procedures. Is supportive of core values. Sets the example for others and is above reproach. Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedure, but once established, is supportive of those guidelines.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people.
- Can handle a fast paced and potentially high stress environment.