This is a wonderful opportunity for a dedicated individual looking to join a growing company. We are looking for a Property Manager who has at least five (5) years of previous experience who can bring a positive attitude, great energy, excellent time management skills and motivation to succeed to the workplace!
The individual will be responsible for managing several buildings in the District and is expected to increase the value of the assets under their management while working with residents to ensure a satisfactory and positive renting experience.
We offer a competitive salary in a business casual environment with a great team.
Responsibilities of the job are below and please do not hesitate to send your resume! Yardi familiarity a BIG plus!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. All operational aspects of the portfolio including: leasing, marketing, occupancy, technical performance and maintenance, as well all the operating results of the property.
a. Management of reporting to/from onsite personnel.
b. Communication with residents via phone and email.
c. Review and manage any unresolved service orders via Service dept.
d. Review lease packages with new residents. Lease packages to include all proper forms and documentation from both UIP PM and RCC.
e. Coordinate building notices as necessary.
f. Coordinate turn-over activities and capital projects as applicable.
a. Inspections of each property for the following: proper operations; cleanliness and appearance of property; compliance with regulatory laws and codes, staffing, resident satisfaction.
b. Review and approve invoices for posting.
c. Make recommendations for necessary capital improvements.
d. Review delinquency reports and follow up on tardy payments with other staff.
e. Walk vacant units weekly to ensure that they are “show-ready”.
f. Review vacancy reports. Communicate with leasing agents and put into place new initiatives or programs to help lease vacant units.
g. Attend condo or TA meetings as scheduled/ if appropriate.
a. Audit lease files to ensure proper record keeping.
b. Coordinate submission of delinquency suit list to proper attorneys.
c. Review and submit monthly property statements, including variance reports, to Asset Manager
d. Complete monthly Rent Control Fillings with RCC and other necessary RCC paperwork
a. Prepare annual budgets for property owners
Special Events, Resident Services, and Innovation:
- Develop and facilitate new services and offerings to residents via the internet web site, in building communications, email, etc
- Schedule and plan events and unique service offerings and services to residents.
- Work with other management staff to create memos, newsletters and communications to residents on a frequent basis.
Summary of Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Presently or previously employed with a management company in similar role.
- 5-7 Years relevant experience as a Property Manager
- Experience in DC for a minimum of three years,
- Knowledge of Rent Control & DC Rent Control Laws
- Experience working with Tenant Associations, settling grievances.
- Two years of college, or related business experience, plus some property management classes and/or CPM, ARM certification
Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Characteristics:
- Certification a plus (CPM, ARM, CAM)
- Ability to solve problems, multi-task and react quickly to issues and problems.
- Ability and proven experience motivating teams and achieving targeted goals
- Bookkeeping/Accounting experience, relevant to role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and residents
- Ability to work with/without direct supervision
- Ability to develop a team & be a team leader.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
Computers & Software:
- Experience with Yardi or other major management software suite required.
- Ability to use MS Office to create spread sheets, budgets communications, flyers, etc.
1. Extensive mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk properties, including flights of stairs, in order to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartments, etc.
2. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, vendors and the trades.
1. Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands.
2. 2. Must have proof of liability insurance for same.
3. Must be bondable and possess valid driver’s license.
1. Reports directly to Senior Management.
2. Works with administrative staff, construction management staff, other community and property managers, as well as other management company employees, outside vendors and service providers.
Hours of Work: Basic schedule includes, but is not limited to, coverage of office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30p.m., Monday through Friday.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
- Supervisory position with authority, responsibility, and accountability to plan, implement and monitor the following at the properties within the assigned portfolio, while maintaining the owner’s investment: