Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,750 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
City: Baltimore State: MD Zip Code: 21216
Title of Position: Property Manager
The Property Manager is responsible for planning, controlling, and directing the day to day operation of the property, and for maintaining effective and harmonious resident relations. The purposes of this position are to meet the financial objectives of the ownership and management, to protect the value and integrity of the real estate, and to be responsive to all applicable government agency standards and requirements.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the property's annual budget for approval to senior management.
- Responsible for the implementation of and adherence to the approved budget.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely establishment of rent amounts as approved by senior management, the timely collection and deposit of all rental and other payments due from residents, and the taking of corrective and/or legal action as required to obtain collection.
- Performs continual review of incoming rent schedules, scheduled rent increases, and renewals.
- Performs continual review of the property's recertification process, including the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all re-certifications.
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts with outside vendors in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for the implementation of all maintenance programs and controls with the Superintendent, and in coordination with the Regional Maintenance Coordinator, to ensure that expenses are kept within budget.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the monthly budget variance report.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion and submission of the Monthly Manager's Report.
- Responsible for all other required financial reporting as prescribed by company policy.
- Responsible for the routine recommendation to senior property management of alternative solutions to financial issues and problems.
- Responsible for achieving a working knowledge of Yardi.
- Maintains accurate, neat and orderly written records for the management office, marketing, and maintenance, as directed by company policy and procedures, and in accordance with all governing agency requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing all company policies, plans, and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that buildings and grounds, apartments, public areas, roads, parking areas, and recreational facilities are all maintained according to company policy.
- Responsible for taking all appropriate and reasonable measures to maintain the buildings and grounds in as safe and secure a manner as possible.
- Responsible for the implementation and reporting of all maintenance policies, plans, and procedures, including, but not limited to, work order systems, purchase order systems, preventive maintenance system, inventory control, and turnover process.
- Works with the Regional Maintenance Coordinator as necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all life safety systems.
- Conducts routine meetings (at least weekly) with the maintenance staff.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted occupancy goals.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of rental advertising and print material.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of marketing reports, and for maintaining current comparability studies.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the competition, general market area, and product knowledge.
- Works with the Vice President of Marketing and the Winn Marketing Coordinator as required and as needed to implement the company's marketing policies and procedures, to obtain assistance, and to resolve marketing issues.
- Responsible for approving all rental applications, and for ensuring that the rental application process includes strict adherence to property standards, and to all appropriate agency standards.
- Maintains the waiting list in accordance with agency requirements, and ensures that the property is in compliance with all other appropriate agency requirements.
- Supervises and participates in the Leasing and Renewal Programs.
- Participates in the hiring, promotion, termination and transfer of site personnel, including the timely submission of all required paperwork.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining employee records for all site personnel according to company policy.
- Responsible for training site staff in all aspects of their particular functions.
- Resolves personnel problems and keeps senior management informed as appropriate.
- Responsible for compliance with Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies, including federal, state, and local governing agency requirements.
- Ensures that advertising for all employment opportunities satisfies E.E.O. requirements.
- Responsible for filing required reports regarding workers' compensation claims in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for utilizing the company's Professional Development Program, as described by company policy, to develop, assist, train, and motivate on-site staff.
- Works with the Vice President of Human Resources and his/her office to obtain assistance, and to resolve payroll and talent management issues.
- Establishes and maintains active resident relations programs by promoting good will, in person and in writing, in accordance with company standards and policies, with all residents.
- Works closely with resident groups in establishing ongoing programs to fulfill the needs of the resident population.
- Conducts quarterly meetings with the residents to answer questions, understand their concerns, and communicate company or site information.
- Continually works to maintain a quiet, peaceful environment for all residents.
- Assesses the property's security needs, and recommends consequent action to the Regional Manager or senior property manager.
- Work with the Security Supervisor as required and as needed to implement the company's security policies and procedures, to obtain assistance, and to resolve security issues as well as notification to senior management as appropriate. Responsible for involving community resources in security matters affecting the property .
- Performs special assignments as needed or e xecute other responsibilities as determined by the Senior Vice President, Regional Vice President, or Senior Property Manager.
Anticipated Work Schedule : 40 Hours per week, some weekends required
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 2 years ago