Job Class Title Property Records Assistant Who May Apply Open – All interested Applicants Type Classified Pay Grade CL 9 Minimum Annual Salary 29660.80 Maximum Annual Salary 45011.20 Nature of Work This is entry-level trainee, clerical, and semi-technical work maintaining the tax roll. Duties include: completing assigned training; disseminating information about the tax roll to the public; basic data entry; taking basic exemption applications; reviewing instruments of transfer; and assisting in office support functions. Emphasis is placed on exhibiting outstanding tact, courtesy, and professionalism in assisting customers and in learning office policies, procedures, and processes in order to complete work and to assist others in resolving work related problems or customer disputes. The incumbent may be assigned to any one or any combination of several Property Appraiser departments or branch locations to gain experience and meet the workload requirements of the agency. Training received, duties performed, and assignments completed are all designed to prepare the incumbent for noncompetitive advancement to Property Records Technician or Exemptions Technician. The incumbent receives training and direction from either a senior staff, and/or team leader, and formally reports to a designated supervisor. Minimum Qualifications • 2 years experience in clerical, customer service, and administrative support with preference to experience in an Ad Valorem Property Appraiser’s Office; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience. Appointing Authority May Also Require: • Florida Driver’s License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work in special, emergency and/or disaster situations.
- Assignment to work a variety of work settings, activities, and locations.
- Candidate to demonstrate more advanced proficiency, competency, and satisfactory completion of regularly assigned work in an independent manner. Appointing Authority retains discretion to employ an incumbent at this level or advance the incumbent non-competitively or competitively after a candidate meets the minimum qualifications to an in-line career ladder position (such as Property Records Technician or PAO Exemptions Technician) within the same organization or department.
- Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position. Other Qualifications Fluent in Spanish is highly desirable. Desired candidate will have real estate background (such as with a title company, mortgage company, real estate office) and very strong math skills. Work Performed • Responds to basic inquiries from the public on the methods, rules, regulations, and practices involved in ad valorem property valuation and exemptions for both real and tangible personal property.
- Learns and applies computer-assisted mass appraisal (CAMA) and geographic information system or imagery program screens and navigation.
- Develops a basic understanding of instruments of transfer including tenancy and other types of instruments, and enters related data into CAMA system.
- Enters detailed parcel data into CAMA system, including structural elements, building traverse, notes, and required information.
- Locates parcels in CAMA and from the office’s website using search features and maps.
- Develops understanding of various exemptions and portability requirement, and takes simple exemption applications using CAMA software or in writing.
- Assists in organizing, filing, indexing and maintaining records for various tasks and projects.
- Receives other specialized training and takes initiative to learn new skills, apply office policies, programs, and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned or required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities • Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Familiar with website contents and maps therein.
- Knowledge of a geographic layout of Pinellas County.
- Knowledge of Save Our Homes (SOH) personal and/or real property appraisal assessment and exemption terminology.
- Knowledge of basic laws, rules, and regulations governing the tax roll.
- Knowledge of Business English, spelling, and punctuation.
- Skill in keyboarding accurately at a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, effectively, courteously and tactfully.
- Ability to perform computer data entry and simple word processing functions, and when necessary, to enter and extract property data from field tablet computer software. Selection Procedure: All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.
Pinellas County, FL - 2 years ago