has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Miami, FL staff as a Proposal Coordinator. In this role you will have the opportunity to directly the impact the financial success of the firm through the development of proposals and other business development related materials. Our ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the A-E and project management industry and be proficient in the use of the MicroSoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Deltek Vision.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME. PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND WRITING SAMPLES.
- Coordinates and develops RFP-compliant, responsive, competitive marketing proposals working independently with the project manager.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and supporting materials for client presentations.
- Manages the proposal process from start to finish. Works with technical staff to plan, write, design, and produce all proposal and presentation materials for potential clients.
- Ensures that an independent quality review (IQR) is conducted on every proposal. • Develops proposal outlines and schedules.
- Assists with the development and application of proposal/presentation themes.
- Ensures pursuits are tracked and documented properly through Vision.
- Understands the marketing and business development process in Vision, has a full working knowledge of Vision info centers, and produces detailed queries and reports in the Vision system.
- Writes and maintains project profiles for all current and past projects to be used in proposals.
- Prepares and updates resumes for all staff members.
- Communicates and collaborates with staff across the country.
- Assists with gathering market research.
- Maintains and enforces company brand standards and quality control procedures.
- May be required to travel to Fort Lauderdale, FL offices to support proposal efforts.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related major is preferred.
- Our ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in a technical/marketing environment. Without a degree, twelve years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the MicroSoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Deltek Vision are required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Strong grammar, spelling, composition, and proofreading abilities are essential to the success of this role.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong detail orientation and the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline-driven environment with a high consequence of error (which may result in the loss of considerable revenue to the firm).
- An understanding of the Florida region procurement processes and water infrastructure/civil industry is a plus. A knowledge of A-E and project management industry standards and disciplines is required.
- Our ideal candidate will possess the ability to translate abstract ideas or narrative text into graphical concepts to illustrate concepts more effectively.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 20 months ago