This position is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation and support of proposals. Works with the Senior Proposal Manager, Quadel proposal teams and production team to prepare and deliver responsive and compliant proposals on time. The proposal coordinator assists in and supports business development activities consistent with the firm’s long and short-term business plans. Working closely with the Senior Proposal Manager, the Proposal Coordinator supports the proposal development process and under supervision, may assume responsibility for small proposal efforts. The nature of the work may involve occasional evening and weekend hours to meet government proposal deadlines.
Responsibilities and illustrative duties:
- Supporting and managing the process to develop written proposals in accordance with Quadel standard processes and templates.
- Ensuring that proposals are compliant with the solicitation and delivered on time.
- Managing/coordinating/supporting the schedule, assignments, proposal content, and strategy; providing insight and guidance to authors on content and graphics development; and ensuring proposals are ready for scheduled reviews and final delivery.
- Producing and performing quality assurance on final products.
- Creating graphics from handwritten drafts and concept discussions with authors.
- Communicating and managing relationships with all levels of company and teammate personnel.
- Maintaining internal materials in the current proposal library, including marketing slicks, past performances, and resumes.
- Supporting other business development, operational, and corporate initiatives such as searching for potential RFPs, creating white papers, participating in strategy and information sessions, working with the sales team to develop presentation materials, and providing writing and editing services to client-facing consultants.
- Attending the weekly tracking meetings and using the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system to record, update and track marketing and proposal activities.
Education : College degree required. Major in English, Social Sciences, Business, or Communications preferred.
Experience: At least one year in business development or proposal operations in a government-contracting environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Visio and Acrobat.
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to understand the business and proposal development processes
- Self-starter, highly organized, flexible and able to work well with diverse teams
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage activities with a range of priorities and deadlines