Modus Operandi, located in Melbourne, FL, is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the role of Proposal Manager. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. An existing security clearance is preferred.
The Company and Opportunity
Modus Operandi is a dynamic software technology company serving primarily defense sector customers including most military services (Army, AF, Navy, and USMC) and the Intelligence Community (IC). The company growth in software semantic technology research, software products and engineering services has doubled over the last several years. Modus Operandi is positioned at an inflection point where it is looking for the right Proposal Manager to assist in the development of win strategies to mature, grow and expand our presence in the Department of Defense and Federal Civilian sectors.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for full life cycle development of proposals in response to government Department of Defense and Federal Civilian solicitations. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for analyzing proposal requirements and ensuring 100% compliance and responsiveness. Responsibilities include:
The Proposal Manager is also responsible for developing strong working relationships with the Capture or Opportunity Manager and the Technical team for the purpose of assisting in the development of persuasive win strategies and themes. He/she will ensure compliance with the Modus Operandi Proposal Processes, lead storyboard efforts, conduct gate reviews, organize and lead color team reviews, oversee the production activities and work closely with solution teams to ensure proposed solution is complete, compliant, compelling, cost effective and responsive to the needs of the client.
- Preparation of proposal plans that minimize risks and maintain proposal process discipline
- Analysis of RFPs and other solicitation documents
- Execution of workshops and color reviews
- Technical writing and effective use of writing templates
- Research and authorship of proposal sections following input provided my Engineering
- Creation and implementation of proposal graphics; organizing and managing proposal preparation tasks
- Collecting, scheduling and maintaining proposal resources
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the management and development of proposals and proposal processes
- Shipley, APMP or other equivalent proposal certification
- Proven ability to lead technical proposal teams from conceptual through formation, to graphical and written final products
- Advanced skills in technical writing, editing and proofreading
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions, having a broad understanding of information technology concepts, ability translate them to proposal and communicate with a highly technical staff
- Experience and hands on development of winning graphics, graphic themes, graphics conceptualization and implementation
- Adobe Photoshop
- Other Adobe Graphics tools and applications
- Advanced desktop publishing skills, including:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong understanding of Government proposal and evaluation processes
- Direct experience managing and developing proposals for DoD, Intelligence, Federal Civilian, and other federal government agencies
- Strong understanding of the various government solicitation types:
- SBIR, BAA, Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) solicitations
- Single / Multiple Award (MAC), GWAC and/or IDIQ-based contracts
- Large and small task order responses for IDIQ contracts
- Strong understanding of Federal agencies acquisition process and regulations
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently managing multiple proposals concurrently; highly organized and able to plan, schedule and execute simultaneous responses with multiple teams with quick turnaround times
- Ability to assemble and lead a proposal team to quickly develop effective working relationships with proposal team members including technical staff, subject matter experts, pricing, subcontractors and teammates
- Ability to work occasional long hours during proposal preparation and to adhere to strict proposal timelines
- Broad understanding of project staffing/consulting rate structures and work breakdown structures
- Proven track record of recent (past 24 - 48 months) wins as the lead proposal manager
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility preferred.
Modus Operandi is a software technology company focused on accelerating information discovery, integration and fusion for customers in the...