Modus Operandi, located in Melbourne, FL, is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the role of Proposal Manager. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. An existing security clearance is preferred.
The Company and Opportunity
Modus Operandi is a dynamic software technology company serving primarily defense sector customers including most military services (Army, AF, Navy, and USMC) and the Intelligence Community (IC). The company growth in software semantic technology research, software products and engineering services has doubled over the last several years. Modus Operandi is positioned at an inflection point where it is looking for the right Proposal Manager to assist in the development of win strategies to mature, grow and expand our presence in the Department of Defense and Federal Civilian sectors. .
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for full life cycle development of proposals in response to government Department of Defense and Federal Civilian solicitations. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for analyzing proposal requirements and ensuring 100% compliance and responsiveness. Responsibilities include; preparation of proposal plans that minimize risks and maintain proposal process discipline; analysis of RFPs and other solicitation documents, execution of workshops and color reviews; effective use of writing templates; research and writing of proposal sections; creation and implementation of proposal graphics; organizing and managing proposal preparation tasks; collecting, scheduling and maintaining proposal resources.
The Proposal Manager is also responsible for developing strong working relationships with the Capture or Opportunity Manager and the Technical team for the purpose of assisting in the development of persuasive win strategies and themes. He/she will ensure compliance with the Modus Operandi Proposal Processes, lead storyboard efforts, conduct gate reviews, organize and lead color team reviews, oversee the production activities and work closely with solution teams to ensure proposed solution is Complete, Compliant, Compelling, Cost Effective and responsive to the needs of the client.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline,
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the management and development of proposals and proposal processes,
- Shipley or other equivalent proposal training,
- Proactive communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all staff levels from executive and technical to business staff,
- Direct experience writing and developing proposals for DoD, Intelligence, Federal Civilian, and other federal government agencies,
- Strong understanding of Government proposal evaluation processes,
- Proven track record of recent (past 24 - 48 months) wins as the lead proposal manager,
- Considerable knowledge of proposal approaches and strategies and the ability to coach teams to develop winning value propositions and to develop winning proposal approaches,
- Proven ability to lead proposal teams from conceptual though formation to graphical and written representation to demonstrate proposal understanding, experience, approaches and other key proposal elements,
- Strong understanding of Federal agencies acquisition process and regulation,
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and communicate with highly technical staff,
- Strong understanding of government solicitation documents, SBIR, BAA, Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) solicitations, Single / Multiple Award (MAC), GWAC and/or IDIQ-based contracts in addition to experience working on large and small task order responses for a wide variety of contract vehicles, to include both written and oral responses,
- Ability to work independently managing multiple proposals concurrently; highly organized and able to plan, schedule and execute simultaneous responses with multiple teams with quick turnaround times,
- Ability to assemble and lead a proposal team to quickly develop effective working relationships with proposal team members including technical staff and subject matter experts, subcontractors and teammates, Volume and Section leads (Book Bosses), Solutions Architects, Coordinators, Formatters, Graphic Designers, Technical Writers, Production – and contracts and pricing personnel,
- Ability to work occasional long hours during proposal preparation and to adhere to strict proposal timelines,
- Broad understanding of project staffing/consulting rate structures and work breakdown structures,
- Experience and hands on development of winning Graphics, Graphic Themes and Graphic Implementations,
- Advanced Graphics conceptualization and implementation,
- Adobe Photoshop
- Other Adobe Graphics tools and applications
- Advanced desktop publishing skills, including:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility preferred.
- Business development / Capture Management experience / background helpful,
- Shipley, APMP or other equivalent proposal certification,
- Advanced skills in technical writing, editing and proofreading,
- Broad understanding of information technology concepts, including:
- Application development/SDLC
- Cloud Computing,
- Distributed Processing,
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA),
- DoD Tactical Networks (DCGS, GCCS, JWICS, etc.)
- Semantics and Natural Language Processing,
- Data and Sensor Fusion,
- Knowledge Management and Predictive Analysis,
- Internet Technology
- Network Technology
- Information Technology
- Government information technology procurement methods and policies
- Broad understanding of:
- Management consulting principles
- Professional services
- Management skills in:
- Task Management
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, energetic, team-oriented environment, be independent and a creative thinker with drive and initiative to resolve customer issues in a professional and timely manner. Strong oral and written skills are required. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a mission-critical development environment with growth potential.
Modus Operandi, Inc. - 19 months ago
Modus Operandi is a software technology company focused on accelerating information discovery, integration and fusion for customers in the...