Veolia Environmental Services (VES) is currently looking for a Proposal Manager to be responsible for the development, preparation and, implementation of large and complex Proposals and RFIs for potential and/or existing customers. This will include commercial, governmental, and industrial customers within our National Accounts and other services operations to ensure and protect VES’s interests in the proposal. The person we bring on will construct and maintain appropriate proposal standard information that is utilized in bid submittals, and communicates information throughout the company. She/he will act as principal liaison between legal, sales, environmental, health and safety, operations, and technical professionals to facilitate accurate and competitive proposals. Finally, the person will assist with training of employees as related to Hard Dollar, VES’s estimating program. (Other duties as assigned by management)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and prepare detailed responses to proposals and pre-qualification packages to include global, national and/or regional opportunities.
• Develop and write text for specific responses services and industry related requests and review with management complex service requests prior to communication to appropriate personnel.
• Assist Sales / Account Manager with coordinating uniformity of proposed pricing and evaluate and analyze submitted pricing assumptions for accuracy and document for consolidation in final proposal document.
• Develop implementation plans pertaining to project scope and company capabilities as well as transition plans on new and/or existing customers.
• Perform follow-up of proposal contents with sales and operational personnel to review new and/or existing customers to gain meaningful feedback.
• Develop and maintain and Intranet database on RFI and RFP responses such as company background, operation processes, maps, charts, boilerplate documents, safety, etc. for availability and utilization by VES personnel.
. Assist with Hard Dollar training to employees required to utilize the estimating tool.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline required
• Six (6) or more years in the environmental services industry or related work experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge in understanding and writing complex proposals
• At least five (5) years in an analytical and problem-solving capacity preferred
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite
• Financial and operational analysis skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Strong team player
• Bi-Lingual – French and English is preferred
Veolia Environmental Services - 11 months ago