HVHC (Highmark Vision Holding Company) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pennsylvania-based Highmark Inc. and is comprised of:
· Davis Vision, one of the nation’s leading managed vision and eye care providers, serving more than 10,000 client groups covering nearly thirty-five million beneficiaries.
· Viva International Group, a worldwide leader in ophthalmic frames and sunglass distribution and manufacturing.
· Visionworks of America, Inc. the largest and fastest growing U.S. - owned, specialty optical retail chain in the country. Comprised of over 540 retail stores in 40 states and the District of Columbia through 15 retail brand names.
Together, our "family" of companies provides vision care to thousands of organizations and to millions of Americans.
We are currently seeking a Proposal Specialist to w rite, proof, and revise various responses to Request for Proposals (“RFP’s”), as well as other business development inquiries. Maintain proposal response database with finalized documentation and statistics.
The Essential Responsibilities are as follows:
· Write, proofread and revise proposals for submission to prospective clients.
· Prepare and request supporting materials needed for proposals; i.e., provider directories, network access reports, underwriting/rates and any attachments.
· Interpret instructions accompanying requests, and/or follow verbal instructions to determine format and content required for proposal.
· Obtain current data and information gathered from subject matter experts, as well as respond to proposals within required time frames.
· Maintain group, plan design and follow-up information for each request in proposal database.
· Create, revise and maintain departmental materials such as correspondences, reports, records, forms, minutes of meetings, etc. from rough draft through corrected copy or previous versions.
· The ability to manage several projects with tight deadlines.
· Self-starter that can work in a group and autonomously.
· Maintain “source document” library with finalized proposals, meeting materials, presentations, etc.
· All other duties, as assigned or required.
Experience and Background:
· 2 + years experience in proposal writing required.
· 2 + years experience with managed care or other insurance strongly preferred.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
· High School Degree required. Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
In addition to a competitive compensation, HVHC strives to provide an appealing work environment and comprehensive benefits package that meets the needs of our associates and their families. If you are interested in becoming part of a family that regards their associates as professionals and invests in their employees by offering training and coaching, then you’ll want to be a part of the HVHC family. EOE. Committed to a drug free and smoke-free workplace.
Davis Vision Incorporated - 2 years ago