The Proposal Specialist supports the client acquisition and retention efforts of Viverae by drafting and producing original, creative, and collaborative proposal responses and other sales related documents for a variety of customer audiences (current, prospective, and consultant). Ensures those agreed upon strategies are incorporated into persuasive, compelling, and customer-focused responses. Ensures the timely completion of a project in accordance with defined project management processes and quality standards. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and interface with various individuals throughout the organization. The position requires strong project and time management skills and attention to detail.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, read, review and understand RFP requirements.
- Utilize the proposal knowledgebase to obtain response material and customize as needed.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure that information included in proposal is current with respect to corporate background, functional capabilities, program descriptions, etc.
- Ensure a smooth flow of information and consistent messaging in proposals by proofing, editing and rewriting all sections of the proposal as required.
- Work with Sales team to ensure that written answers coordinate with the objectives outlined in the RFP.
- Work with Sales team to develop presentations and other documents as needed to support the sales process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism or Communications
- 2 – 5 years professional experience in proposal development
- Health care experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong writing and editing capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills