Title Proposal Specialist, APMP Job # 15469BR Job Function Communications/Documentation City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At Rockwell Collins ARINC, our people make the difference. We employ some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet to deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that help improve the world and meet commercial, defense, and government challenges. We continually seek qualified candidates to join in contributing to our outstanding global team.
Rockwell Collins ARINC is seeking a Proposal Specialist to support its Airport Systems Business Unit in Annapolis, MD.
This role will report directly to the Director of Proposals and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Ideally, the Proposal Support Specialist will possess the following attributes and qualifications:
- Analyze RFPs to determine proposal requirements.
- Proposal Design and development.
- Management of proposal content, format, editing, and production.
- Assist the Director of Proposals and Proposal Managers as needed.
- Edit and format materials for a consistent, high quality, responsive style.
**We are looking for a proposal enthusiast.**
- CF APMP certification.
- Expert with MS Word and MS Word styles.
- A flare for design and presentation for marketing and sales support material.
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing and proof-reading.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible working hours needed for proposal preparation, including extended hours, evening/night hours, weekends, and holidays.
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Five (5) or more years of experience with proposal writing and editing.
- Experience analyzing RFPs to determine proposal requirements.
- Prior experience working on proposal teams to develop proposal outlines and storyboards.
- Prior experience managing writing assignments to authors and SMEs.
- Expert MS Word user.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint.
- Ability to interface with technical,financial staff, and also support sales staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Prior experience with Proposal Graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, or related industry.
- CF/CP APMP certification highly preferred. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25 EOE Statement Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
ARINC - 30+ days ago