Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of “helping clients achieve measurable results,” VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting & Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management & Testing, Application Design & Development, Systems Maintenance & Operations, and Network & Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP’s corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, Houston.
Proposal Writer, responsible for supporting moderately complex proposal development activities with limited supervision.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- With limited supervision, support the planning, development, and implementation of moderate complexity proposals. Maintain, enhance, and execute moderate complexity initiatives in order to further the overall goals of the VIP Proposal Team.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of the information technology and management consulting industries.
- With limited supervision, assist in the development of client proposals, Master Service Agreements, BPA, IDIQ Contracts and other opportunities as required. Demonstrate the analytical ability to organize, interpret and make recommendations regarding response direction.
- Manage/track all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; coordinate inputs from technical, contracts, and finance departments; and coordinate internal reviews with upper management.
- Ability to structure, develop, write, and edit proposal sections building the response around the Request for Proposal (RFP)/Client requirements, in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner. Develop proposal shell/outline and successfully write cover letters, administrative requirements, “our understanding” sections, staffing sections, past performance references sections, and some management approach sections based on SOW.
- Participate in developing win themes/key differentiators. Identify customer references to be considered. Customize customer references and resumes to reflect the specific RFP/Client criteria and requirements.
- Develop knowledge of VIP engagements and current Clients across government and commercial practice areas.
- Ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative using proposal archives or from scratch as required.
- Develop written questions and seek clarification from procurement officials throughout the RFP/procurement process and remain current on all amendments and modifications.
- With limited supervision, maps candidate resumes based on client requirements. Discuss resume requirements and updates with prospective candidates as needed.
- Participate in quality assurance/compliance review to ensure proposals adhere to clients' requirements.
- Develop and maintain proposal and status tracking.
- Interact with subcontractors, vendors, and other entities associated with proposal development.
- Create, format, and edit Power Point presentations and other related materials in support of orals/confidential discussions or marketing efforts.
- With limited direction, perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned (in accordance with company policies).
- With limited supervision, work on defined special project assignments.
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities within scope of responsibility.
- Attend department, team, project, and company meetings.
- Conduct proposal walkback and maintain and improve upon the existing proposal library.
- Work on multiple proposals, balancing milestones and due dates of each.
- Coordinate proposal printing, assembling, mailing/shipping.
- Develop/create Power Point presentations and other related materials in support of proposals or marketing efforts.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the technology consulting industry as a Proposal Writer for Federal and/or State government organizations.
- Strong word processing skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented; ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Work ethic that recognizes the importance of punctuality and initiative.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; must work well with various levels including Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Technical, and Administrative staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments while simultaneously working on and managing multiple tasks.
- Researching, analysis, writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Self-motivated; possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work occasional overtime and on weekends, if necessary
Experience developing commercial proposals is a bonus. Individual should have previous proposal development experience with a medium to large IT consulting firm. Contract delivery experience is a bonus. Experience with proposal writing for Learning and Talent Management solutions is also a plus.
Four year college degree in a relevant field such as journalism, marketing, communications, or like area of study.
- Handle objects (manual dexterity)
- Use fine finger movements (type)
- Must carry/lift loads of up to 25 lbs.
- Perform calculations
- Communicate orally
- Reason and analyze
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. EOE/F/M/DV.
VIP participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Monster - 8 months ago