ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of World's Most Admired Companies. ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com, or www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
The Proposal Writer is expected to provide facility proposal experience while crafting sales proposal documents and presentations. The responsibilities include managing the strategic and tactical elements of the writing process, managing multiple customer writing opportunities including proposals and presentation materials, and staying current with industry strategic objectives and trends. This proposal writer will be an integral part of the proposal team, assisting in the proposal and presentation development; document, content strategy, design, layout, and final delivery. Also performs editing and copywriting tasks on a variety of documents ranging from sales to operations communications. Maintains brand integrity, messaging, and voice in all documents and communications. Works with a range of internal employees at all levels to support the proposal and presentation process.
- The ability to work with the broader team, crafting the ARAMARK response to the prospective client's buying influence win-results. By working with the content experts, the writer will be able to tell a story, from the information provided. The writer reviews and helps analyze the RFI, RFP and RFQ customer documents.
- Gains detailed understanding of the customer from sales and/or operations leadership of the bluesheet process - identification of buying influences win-results, needs, gaps and strategic goals - and integrates the ARAMARK proposal strategy to address those needs into a sophisticated and comprehensive proposal.
- Routinely assesses document content and presentation of ideas, to validate that the content is consistent with ARAMARK business plans. Provides suggestions for strategic content, functional requirements, or technical methods.
- Work closely with our Proposal and Business Development Teams to develop and generate persuasive text. May proactively make suggestions for graphics to replace large bodies of text when the story needs clarification.
- Develop strategic and technical text in concert with Subject Matter Experts (SME) across a wide range of specialized areas.
- Facilitate draft generations and reviews, inclusive of all components of the proposal.
- May be asked to attend field surveys for priority prospects (up to 6x per year).
- Attributes should include track record of success with multi million dollar proposals, leadership skills, business acumen, problem solving skills and the vision necessary to articulate unique solutions for a variety of clients
- Knowledge of leading industry groups
- Maintains knowledge of proposal positioning boilerplate, contacts, process, and materials.
- Maintain and update proposal templates, RFP databases, and content libraries.
- Attributes should include excellent grammatical skills, strong writing skills, acute attention to detail, and creativity.
- Ensures quality assurance for all documents and materials. Ensure corporate identity compliance, high-quality photographs, and accurate content. Maintain quality throughout draft, editorial, and production phases.
- Utilize InDesign skills to produce very complex sales, operatio
College degree required. Advance degree or industry certification preferred. A minimum of five years of experience in proposal writing. 4-7 years demonstrated knowledge of facilites O&M market. Additional coursework in Advertising or Marketing is a plus. A proven advanced to expert proficiency level is also required in: InDesign, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent writing skills as well as strong communication and organizational skills are needed. Strong computer skills are a must. The ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment is critical.
ARAMARK - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Today is a Brand New Day
Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, always...