As a member of the CDM Smith team, you would contribute to our mission by:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing strategy for marketing and business development efforts including proposals, interviews, and project award submittals.
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content for proposals, presentations, resumes, project descriptions, and related marketing materials of a complex nature.
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
- Utilizing theme and sub theme development in the majority of proposal and presentation efforts.
- Updating information in the CDM Smith project description/resume/proposal/qualifications firmwide document management system.
- Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date.
- Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as available.
- Developing business development, marketing, facilitation, and writing skills through internal and external training sources and associations (SMPS, WTS, APMP or other related society) membership and committee involvement.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
- B.A. or B.S. in communications, English, business or journalism or related degree. (Required)
- At least 3 years of related experience required. At least 2 years in an A/E/C industry preferred.
- Excellent command of grammar, the AP Style Manual, and editing. A strong command of Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word is required. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is a plus.
- Formal meeting facilitation experience is a plus.
- The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
- The ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments.
- The ability to occasionally lift heavy display materials.
- Experience with business development/marketing process models (such as Dag Knudsen, Miller-Heiman, Shipley) a plus.