As a participant in the sales effort, the Proposal Writer manages the process of researching, writing, producing, and editing proposals for existing and prospective Retirement Plan Services clients.
- Develop and manage a deadline driven process of responding to "requests for proposals" (RFP's) from prospective clients with varied product needs and plans. Responsibilities include consultation with representatives from sales, consultant sales, conversion consultants, strategic relationship managers, communications, operations, legal, upper management, and investment management personnel in order to respond to qualified sales opportunities and service changes and enhancements.(45%)
- Research, write, and proofread accurate, well-written, custom responses to proposal questions which include current plan, operational, and investment statistics, process descriptions, and marketing language. Be accountable for the accuracy of information included in proposals; responses may be incorporated as part of a new client's service agreement.(35%)
- Communicate and interpret information regarding J.P. Morgan and outside fund characteristics and performance to prospects. Track statistics on services offered and RFP productions. (15%)
- Utilize research and writing skills to produce consultant questionnaires, publication surveys, and additional ad hoc writing projects (i.e., follow-ups, marketing materials, Web site text, newsletter articles, and information for presentations). (5%)
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Typing skills.
- Computer literacy required. Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office environment required.
- Two or more years experience in a writing capacity.
- Ability to give and receive feedback professionally through the writing and editing process.
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial industry and a thorough knowledge of J.P. Morgan Retirement Plan Services products and services desired.
- Strong consultative, relationship management and partnership skills. Ability to work collaboratively within a team and develop solid working partnerships with peers and colleagues.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
US-KS-Overland Park-Kansas City Campus / 50930
Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase - 21 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...