NETE is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Proposal Writer.
- Handles moderate to highly-complex proposals in response to issued solicitations in a high visibility, deadline driven, and collaborative environment.
- Handling assigned proposal resources: writing; editing; ensuring compliance; resolving issues; coordinating among key stakeholders; and analyzing solicitations.
- Participates in collaborative sessions to refine win strategy, competitive assessments, and customer pain points or hot buttons.
- Develops and distributes appropriate proposal-related documentation, including compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, writing guidance, and kick-off presentations.
- Analyze solicitations, identifying all requirements and criteria for evaluation.
- Resolve issues and set priorities for proposal development.
- Establishes and maintains communications among proposal team, including subcontractors, using collaborative tools such as SharePoint.
- Coordinates with the contracts, technical and finance staff on cost and contractual volumes to ensure appropriate schedules and inputs.
- May author appropriate proposal sections and help design graphic concepts.
- Reviews proposal content for compliance and cohesiveness.
- Collaborates with other team members to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Creates the storyboards.
- Facilitate interactions between key personnel and business functions in proposal development efforts.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and present internal reviews with executive management at all stages of the proposal to ensure that the proposal conforms to the instructions, evaluation criteria and the SOW in the solicitation.
- Provide reporting to management of proposal generation activities and status.
- Review proposals, quotes, and cost sheets to insure proposals meet RFP requirements.
- Technical writing and editing and desktop publishing as needed.
- Develop and maintain proposal generation tools, templates, etc.
Education: BS degree in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications; Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing Federal Government / Health Sector proposals.
- Experience with IT tools, including Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Proven experience and expertise in proposal management and development best practices.
- Proven results on completing winning proposals.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate discriminators.
- Posses a high level of business acumen and integrity.
- Excellent negotiation skills; promoting sound relationships with owners and clients.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: editing; grammar; style; spelling; punctuation; proofreading skills; etc.
- Skilled at researching and obtaining information via the internet, networking and other tools.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and maintain effective working relationships.
Location: McLean, VA
Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust Background Security Investigation and many need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens of Permanent Residents only. Local candidates only.
Travel: Less than 25%
NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) Management Consulting, Enterprise Architecture Planning, Technology Solutions and Web Design provider offering an integrated suite of IT focused services to federal government agencies and commercial companies. NETE is a minority, woman-owned small-sized business that was founded in 1999. Our management team is led by a core group of former Big-5 management consultants dedicated to providing value focused consulting to the federal government and the health sector in the areas of Information Resource Management, Enterprise Architecture, Web Design and Development, and Electronic Government (e-gov) Systems Integration. Our vision is to be a respected business advisor and interactive systems integrator. Our mission is to achieve our vision with integrity. Our promise is to deliver high quality professional services at a competitive price.
NETE offers a business casual, collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; a comprehensive benefits package; free parking; and an employee referral bonus program. Please e-mail your resume with your salary requirements to email@example.com . You may also visit our website at http://www.nete.com/ to view our current job openings.
Monster - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard