There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Prototype Development Technician
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This position is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
Prototype Development Technicians assist Engineers in almost all development activities. They support engineering in creating prototypes that will be used for development testing, design optimization and customers prototype use. They will assist engineering in optimizing designs and improving the manufacturing processes. The Technician will be required to learn and understand our current manufacturing processes and assist in developing new processes.
EDUCATION/PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma and three to five years of work experience in a technical capacity
- Machine knowledge equivalent to three to five years’ experience on CNC machines.
- Apprenticeship or trade school preferred.
- Good working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
- Can proficiently interpret engineering drawings, complex diagrams, schematics and manuals.
- Knows how to use all required hand tools; inspection measuring instruments.
- Computer proficiency in use of spreadsheets, word processing, Lotus Notes, etc
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of polymers is preferred
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OR AREAS UNDER INCUMBENTS CONTROL
- Responsibilities include aiding engineers to develop prototypes, new products and process improvements to increase overall efficiency and product quality.
- Set-up and operate, filtration pleating and assembly equipment, CNC Mills/Lathes, manual mills/lathes and other prototype equipment as required.
- Address and rectify issues and work related to programming, routers, drafting, materials, machine maintenances and processes.
- Use basic inspection equipment and instruments to maintain quality and consistency.
- Communicate ideas, problems, and concerns to management.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and healthy work environment.
- Maintain high quality and production standards and keep records.
- Addresses prototype tooling issues including new fixturing, old fixturing improvements, shop automation, tooling prints, ordering tooling material, marking and organizing tooling.
- Responsible for prototype issues including set up reductions, shop layout, equipment use suggestion.
- Assist in the selection of tools, holding fixtures and methods for producing machined parts.
- Builds prototypes interfacing with Engineering and R&D.
- Identifies new ways to improve quality and productivity of the prototype lab.
- Order and maintain raw material, media, mesh and prototype inventory and records.
- Works safely and sets an example for others.
- Works independently and through experience, knowledge and a positive attitude, is considered a mentor or “Go-To” person by coworkers.
- Trains coworkers in a patient and positive manner on job functions and tasks.
Light to Moderate - frequently lifting or moving 5 to 25 pounds from three to six hours daily or frequently lifting or moving 25 - 30 pounds.
Based on operations performed the weight will vary from very lightweight parts to heavyweight parts. Must be able to climb, bend, twist, etc as required to perform maintenance tasks.
Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
Diversified operations require constant alertness and activity.
Pall Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...