This person will be responsible for on time delivery of quality prototype transmission parts and facility fixtures. Key job functions include the ability to interpret prints and models, verification of GP11-B quality compliance and the ability to understand deviations. SAP, Excel and Access software skills are essential for tracking and reporting. Strong interpersonal skills are required for expediting and negotiating delivery dates.
1. Understand, interpret and make decisions on quality measurements.
2. Determine adequacy of quality plans: in-process and at completion.
3. Emphasize quality in sourcing decisions.
4. Analyze and respond to changing market conditions (pricing, availability, lead time, capacity).
5. Develop and maintain reliable suppliers for all commodities.
6. Oversee acceptable price, payment terms, delivery schedule and quality delivered on time, including design changes.
7. Ensure GP11-B Quality compliance and negotiate settlements of rejected materials.
8. Ensure timely delivery of materials and services. Assist with PO confirmation as needed.
9. Adhere to Allison purchasing policies and procedures.
10. Perform special assignments as
11. Comprehend and utilize software programs including Excel, Access, Word and SAP.
BS degree in Engineering required.
1. Strong background in quality assurance and expediting delivery of complex machined parts.
2. High level of oral and written communication skill.
3. Mechanical background including ability to read blueprints.
4. High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
5. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output.
6. Working knowledge in the use of Excel, Access, Microsoft Project,Word and SAP.
7. Experience with a variety of prototype castings, machined castings, gears and shafts is critical.
8. Cyclical Travel up to 50%.
BSME degree preferred.
1. Knowledge of complex machined parts, inspection processes, statistics and departmental relationships.
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard