Job Title: Prototyping and Testing Lab Technician
Location: WPAFB, Dayton, OH
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Clearance: Active Secret is preferred; an Interim clearance will be considered
You must be a US Citizen to apply to this position.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent technical training in a related technical/scientific field; two years of related experience with similar functional responsibilities may be considered in lieu of degree
This position provides support to three Radio Frequency (RF) prototyping and testing labs: 1) Antenna, 2) Microwave and Millimeter-Wave and 3) Electromagnetic Structures. Support will include design, fabrication, assembly, test and measurements of RF metamaterials in the UHF to Ku band frequency regime as well as higher frequencies up to 100GHz. Technicians will use LabVIEW 2011, 11.0.1 to automate and control test experiments, data acquisition, data display and post-processing. Other duties include soldering connectors, integrating electronic components and mechanical fixtures, fabricating antenna feed systems, cables and semi-rigid waveguides and printed circuit antennas.
- Identify/recommend appropriate calibration, test and measurement techniques, processes and equipment; formulate test plans and coordinate recommendations;
- Set up experimental equipment configurations;
- Operate test equipment during measurements;
- Use commercial and custom software for data acquisition, data display and limited post-processing;
- Integrate electronic components and mechanical fixtures;
- Fabricate antenna feed systems, cables and semi-rigid waveguide;
- Assist with documentation of research methods, instrument settings, experimental results and publication of research findings;
- Identify, track and coordinate periodic calibration and maintenance of test equipment;
- Identify, recommend and acquire new test and measurement equipment;
- Conduct all the above in accordance with Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH) standards
S4 Inc. offers challenging projects, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k), and universal time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. S4 participates in the E-Verify employment verification program. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, then we invite you to submit your resume including salary history/requirements. Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required by the contract at all times.
- Proficiency in use of LabVIEW software
- Ability to assemble precision antennas, waveguide structures, cables, precision feed structures and both active and passive components in frequency bands between 100 MHz and 100 GHz - with emphasis on the high frequency applications
- Operation of RF test equipment
- Troubleshooting of circuit boards
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply to a position, please contact Michelle Sweeney, HR Manager, by phone at (781) 273-1600 or by email at accommodations4inc.com.
S4 Inc. - 19 months ago