Provider Contract Coordinator I
is expected to spend 100% of his/her time working with internal UCare Staff. Responsible for the management, organization and maintenance of provider contracts and duties associated with provider contracting. The position coordinates the production and maintenance of UCare provider contracts and related compliance and business continuity functions. Provide project management support for department Assistant Directors and Contract Principles. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
This position requires minimum Minimum 3 years contract management, data base/documents management administrative/secretarial, experience preferably within the insurance, managed care or legal field. Previous contract experience a plus. An Associates degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant data base or contract management experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Coordinate the technical and procedural aspects associated with the contract process. Prepare and distribute letters, contracts, addendums and related documents to potential or current providers.
- Responsible for the compliance, documentation, and enhancement of the provider contracting process in UCare’s systems.
- Support audits, compliance projects and routine reporting.
- Prepare monthly progress reports to inform Assistant Director and management team of contract project status and deviation from goals.
- Update PNM and other appropriate departments of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management of contracts.
- Enter or update provider information in contract tracking database and maintain the contract database to ensure data integrity through routine communication with Provider Network Management & Provider Enrollment & Configuration staff.
- Accurately amend contract templates as required under the direction of PNM management, Legal and Compliance Departments.
- Distribute signed original contracts and addendums to providers
- Maintain potential, contracted, denied and correspondence provider files.
- Act as a liaison within PNM between work groups. Work with the project team to develop, collect, analyze and prepare reports related to RFPs and network expansion.
- Distribute a biweekly report to keep all departments aware of new providers.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this role include:
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access. Ability to quickly learn new data base tools.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed written communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to type 35-45 wpm.
- Excellent attention to detail.
UCare provides more than 160,000 Minnesotans with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health....