Responsible for maintaining professional relations and continuous feedback with providers statewide, in order to assist with utilization management and quality improvement of Medicaid services. Possess the expertise in the design and management of practice facilitation for primary care transformation. Support primary care transformation in a practice facilitation model. Collaborate with Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center in assisting providers with assessment, contracting, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of electronic medical records. Accurately manage assigned provider territory to assure implementation and completion of any ad hoc projects, grants and other healthcare educational opportunities within a designated timeframe.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Interact with physician offices and other venues of care (hospitals, AHECs, RHCs, etc.) through on-site or telephonic visits. Provide education and feedback regarding quality improvement initiatives, Medicaid changes and other contract deliverables. Promote and maintain open communication channels between Medicaid and individual providers.
2. Ensure the completion of assigned provider relation’s requirements in accordance with established policy/procedures.
3. Identify, present, and discuss progress and issues relating to Medicaid and implement solutions to assist in program development. Ensure all activities address designated performance goals, the appropriate target audience, and are performed within designated time frame.
4. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid and health care environment. Knowledge should include information regarding: contract, contract deliverables, policies and procedures, resources available, current research, trends, etc.
5. Act as a resource to internal and external customers for information pertaining to Medicaid or other AFMC projects. Serve as AFMC representative at various external functions, as directed.
6. Understand and utilize project-tracking database to document site and telephone visits to compile a comprehensive database of outreach activity. Maintain accurate statistical data to meet contractual and other reporting requirements.
7. Assist in the creation and maintenance of necessary forms, publications, reports, and additional documents to track and report project information. Prepare monthly reports and/or statistics as directed.
8. Assist in the development, production, maintenance and delivery of educational materials/activities.
9. Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
10. Communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
11. Function in the capacity of facilitator within the Medicaid program and providers.
12. Serve with HITArkansas Implementation Specialists as expert resource and advisor in the overall assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of EHR.
13. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
14. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices) :
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress and ability to travel as needed. Must be able to lift and transport 25 pounds. Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required : Bachelor’s degree in health sciences field, business or related field 
Desirable : Master’s degree in health sciences field, business or related field, Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT), Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
Required : Three (3) to (5) years in clinic, hospital management or ambulatory care setting, Two (2) years of leadership experience, Two (2) years experience in Medicaid Policy and Procedures
Desirable : Previous QIO experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Intermediate level computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
Type 50 wpm.
Exceptional skills in business English and spelling are required.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to compile presentations.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Attention to detail.
Knowledge of ICD 9 Coding.
Knowledge of HIT/EHR.
Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to prioritize.
Strong organizational skills.
Problem solving skills.
Project management skills.
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
Knowledge of quality improvement processes and techniques.
Valid driver’s license.
Extensive travel including overnight travel required.
Time management skills.
 Five (5) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.
For those seeking medical salvation, Baptist Health may be the answer to their prayers. The organization provides health services through...