Directly responsible for all provider services functions in the local market place representing the organization and functioning as a key member of the local field office. Working directly with the local Executive Directors to add maximum value to the IPA physicians.
- Directly responsible for working with IPA physicians to ensure provider satisfaction in accordance with the IPA standards
- Directly responsible for working with the designated health plan representatives on local issues and concerns (including directory accuracy)
- Directly responsible for all physician education including distribution of key IPA documentation and policies and procedures and orientations
- Directly responsible for education of physician’s management staff and performs regularly scheduled Office Manager’s meetings
- Responsible for ensuring network compliance with regulatory requirements including but not limited to accessibility and availability of required specialties.
- Responsible for understanding local market dynamics performing routine market analysis and organizing appropriate marketing and promotional activities
- Responsible for ensuring network is maximized based on market analysis and that there are no network gaps, including identification of new providers.
- Responsible for optimizing electronic connectivity between the providers and NAMM operations to ensure economical transaction management
- Manage provider contracts deemed appropriate by the Executive Director
- All other assigned administrative functions necessary to support the Executive Director
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
5-7 years health care marketing/provider service
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Computer literate in word and excel. Access and power point experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills
- Ability to work independently, organizing and prioritizing work flow
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Adept at problem solving.
- Working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Proficient at managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to construct and interpret contract language/terms.
NAMM North America Medical Management - 5 months ago