Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - 40 hours!! & flex schedule; must have OK license, may help with relocation for the right candidate.
Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care in a correctional setting to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others.
Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up consultation and health education.
Obtains patient histories and develops patient care treatment plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy using the POMR format.
Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staff.
Participates in planning programs and in developing specific health polices and procedures.
Provides individual therapy, assessments and evaluations of psychiatric patients.
Prescribes psychiatric medication in conjunction with psychiatrist and facility protocols.
Provides consultation as it pertains to psychiatric medications and diagnosis and other clinical concerns as appropriate.
Facilitates communication between psychiatric services, programs, staff and patients.
Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of patient care charts and histories.
- Knowledge of health education theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the deliver of medical evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge or related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Current CPR certification, ACLS certification preferred
- Two years of experience in Psychiatric and/or Correctional Setting
- Work is normally performed in clinic environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Will work with blood and blood borne pathogens and will require OSHA training and compliance.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services
- 20 months ago - save job