Program: Clinical Programs
St. Aloysius is seeking (2) two Full-Time Nurse Practitioners for our Outpatient Psychiatry Clinics in Butler and Hamilton Counties. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides advanced treatment to patients with psychiatric/psychological disorders under the direction of a physician. They assess patient’s needs, participate in diagnostic formulation, assist in the development of treatment plans, and prescribe medications as allowed by law. The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with the team and the patient in the creation of the treatment plan and its implementation through therapy and medical treatment.
- Completion of 2-year Nurse Practitioner Master’s program that includes Psychiatric Nursing.
- Completion of 4-year undergraduate nursing program.
- Individual must be a licensed Nurse Practitioner and Licensed Registered Nurse and must be licensed by the State of Ohio, must possess extensive nursing experience.
- The Nurse Practitioner must maintain and renew his/her license to provide services at St. Aloysius Orphanage.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and documentation verifying current automobile insurance.
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and psychopharmacologic treatment to clients.
- Teach patients and their family members about mental illness and the interface between medical and psychiatric conditions.
- Collaborate, coach, and support other team members in providing mental health care.
- Monitor quality of care in the facility, providing feedback to Regional Director of Adult Services and the Medical Director.
- Discuss cases with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Commitment to appropriate medications oversight and management.
- Understand and adhere to rules governing confidentiality and duty to report any threat to harm, abuse, or neglect issues.
- Ensures that all documentation including assessments, treatment plans, annual reviews and discharge summary are consistently up to date, accurate and in full compliance with the expected standards of care.
St. Aloysius - 7 months ago