This is a full time, 37.5 hours a week, Social Worker position located on our inpatient Psychiatric Unit. The schedule for the position is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some weekend coverage.
Provides direct, professionally skilled psychotherapeutic services to mentally and/or emotionally disturbed patients and their families in order to reduce psychological, mental, and emotional disabilities and/or improve overall functioning. Provides high quality and timely discharge planning, for patients admitted to Inpatient Psychiatric Unit.
1. Actively involves patients and their families in discharge planning upon admission to the inpatient unit. Attempts whenever possible (and with the patient’s consent) to bring the family into the decision making process.
2. Acute clinical patient concerns will be reported to the Nurse Manager, Attending Psychiatrist, or Charge Nurse on the unit. Interactions with patients, family or outpatient staff that promote concern and are found inappropriate will be reported to the Nurse Manager and Attending Psychiatrist promptly.
3. In collaboration with the patient and the Treatment Team the Treatment Coordinator will design a plan of care that is suited to the strengths and weaknesses of the individual patient.
4. Provides direct, professionally skilled psychotherapeuticservices to mentally and or emotionally disturbed patients and their families by conducting individual, group, and family therapy interventions.
5. Group Therapy will be implemented each business day. The Treatment Coordinator will run groups when scheduled to do so and will document daily group notes in each patient’s chart. The Treatment Coordinator will be responsible for group coverage with documentation, in the absence of other team members.
6. The Treatment Coordinator establishes a safe plan for the discharge of psychiatric patients, admitted to Psychiatry, by working collaboratively with the patient, Multidisciplinary Team, and community agencies. The Treatment Coordinator will ensure that discharge criteria have been met according to our Discharge Policy.
7. Each patient’s plan of care will be individualized with objectives, goals and interventions. A documented resolution date for each goal will be provided. Date must be completed or revised within the assigned timeframe.
8. Incorporates the hospitals’ mission, vision, and values and promotes the Plane tree model in everyday practice.
9. Provides backup to Psychiatry Consultation Services when requested to do so by Nurse Manager or Director.
10. Performs other duties as may be required by Nurse Manager, Director or Chair, Department of Psychiatry.
11. Performs charting requirements on patients and in accordance with The Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies. Assures compliance with the requirements of State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction ServicesInpatient Psychiatric Grant.
12. Works with other Treatment Coordinators and Executive Secretary to keep all the reporting of grant patient data current and up to date.
13. Psychosocial Assessments on all patients will be completed and documented within 72 business hours of admission.
14. The Treatment Coordinator will be CPI trained or be trained to serve as a CPI instructor with Nurse Manager and Clinical Director approval.
15. The Treatment Coordinator will adhere to our policy for Dress Code, to include wearing a wireless panic alarm pendant while on duty, at all times. * (Refer to Dress Code policy)
16. The Treatment Coordinator will keep track of the legal status and length of stay of each patient in their care. Physician’s Emergency Certificate will be reviewed closely and appropriate steps will be taken to address expiration date in a timely fashion.
17. The Treatment Coordinator will consult the Treatment Team regarding expiration of a PEC and move to convert Commitment to a voluntary status if appropriate or file for probate with the court.
18. The Treatment Coordinator will complete all paperwork requirements for court proceedings (e.g.; Commitment, Probable Cause, Conservatorship, and Involuntary Medication Administration Hearing) and submit the paperwork to the courts within the required timeframe.
19. The Treatment Coordinator will collaborate with the Executive Secretary in obtaining a Check Request for payment of the court’s fees.
20. The Treatment Coordinator will coordinate and attend court proceedings on and off site.
21. The Treatment Coordinator will notify the court of any cancellations for pending hearings within required timeframe.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested in order to maintain a high level of service.
23. Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
24. Demonstrates professional work behavior by following Service Standards and Success factors. Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements.
1. Masters degree in social work from an accredited school of social work required.
2. Minimum one year work experience required in a psychiatric agency performing related duties.
3. Connecticut State License in Social Work or MSW working towards LCSW required.
Stamford Hospital - 6 months ago