The Psychological Examiner III assists Principle Investigators (PI) in the development and implementation of psychological component of Clinical Research Studies. This person will demonstrate continued competence in psychological assessment as evidenced by accurate administration, scoring and maintenance of licensure. In addition, the Psychological Examiner will work well within the team by demonstrating flexibility in testing time and location, communication with team members and providing assistance in non-psychology areas when appropriate. Other duties of the Psychological Examiner III will be to: trains & supervises Psychological Examiner(s); assist in the development of submission protocols for the IRB; work closely with the data managers to insure quality data collection; and to report concerning results from psychological evaluations to the study PI. The Psychological Examiner III demonstrates leadership and initiatives to improve participant satisfaction, study outcomes, team outcomes, data collection, data analysis and data publication.
Conduct Study Procedures
- Administers and scores study-specific psychological assessment instruments that are appropriate for participants age.
- Accurately enters test scores in study-specific databases in a timely manner.
- Interprets findings and communicates the results to participants when appropriate.
- Participates in routine inter-rater reliability measures and yields scores within acceptable tolerance.
- Set up new charts and check completed charts.
- Assists with the order of psychology materials.
- Obtain and maintain certification for other clinical research procedures, when needed.
- Audits all studies to ensure proper protocol administration.
Research Design, Planning and Monitoring
- Assists investigators in the design of new clinical research studies and the optimization of current clinical research studies.
- Develop new assessments as needed for current or future clinical research studies.
- Works with Data Analyst/IRB Specialist to develop IRB documents for new protocol submissions or amendments.
- Works with Data Analyst/IRB Specialist study case report forms and standard operating procedures when pertinent to the psychological procedures of clinical research studies.
- Maintains records in accordance with regulatory standards for the psychological procedures of clinical research studies.
Data Management, Analysis and Interpretation
- Ensures quality of data collection (paper and database entry).
- Works with Data Manager and Data Analyst to develop and maintain psychological components of database(s).
- Ensures accurate and responsible analysis and interpretation of psychological data of clinical research studies.
- Reports abnormal or concerning results from psychological evaluations to investigator(s).
- Works with investigators to develop, edit and review abstracts and/or manuscripts for publications.
- Attend scientific meetings for continuing education and presentation of study results as needed.
- Ensures attendance to continuing education as required to accomplish all tasks listed here.
- Maintains and expands professional expertise by completing appropriate continuing education related to role responsibilities.
- Fulfills all requirements necessary in the maintenance of the required license.
- Keeps up-to-date regarding the literature in the area studied in the clinical research conducted at ACNC.
- Consistently demonstrates that new knowledge and skills gained from education are incorporated into actual practice.
- Practices cost effective use of resources and makes recommendations to improve cost effectiveness.
- Uses mentoring and role modeling skills to promote positive outcomes and professionalism within ACNC.
- Participates actively in 30, 60 and 90 day and annual evaluations by accepting and integrating feedback, completing self-evaluations and providing feedback to supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned by management associated with the position that are determined to be within the incumbents knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Delegates and supervises tasks as needed in order to improve participant satisfaction, study outcomes, team outcomes, data collection and data analysis.
- Demonstrates strong dedication to the research program by providing innovative strategies to ensure the growth of the program.
- Demonstrates high commitment to the program by going above and beyond the duties assigned to ensure excellent service to investigators, participants and funding agencies.
- Ensures training and certification for all psychological examiners and psychological technicians.
- Develops training for new assessments necessary for current or future clinical research studies.
- Observes psychological testing on a routine basis to ensure continued competence.
- Coordinates inter-rater reliability schedule and maintains records.
- Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Studies to address psychology section issues and ensure cohesive functioning within the team.protocol implementation.
- Provides feedback and evaluation to all psychological examiners and psychology technicians when appropriate or by request of the Director of Clinical Studies.
- Administers 30, 60 and 90 day evaluations to psychological examiners and psychological examiner technicians.
- Assists Director of Clinical Studies with annual evaluations of psychological examiners and psychological examiner technicians.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills with the supervising staff and supervisors to manage all studies and ensure proper protocol implementation.
Master's degree or equivalent degree
• Field of Study: counseling, clinical or school psychology or related field
4 years total experience required
which includes 4 years of Psychological Examiner II experience
Psychological Examiner (LPE) (License)
• Candidate must possess at time of hire
Ability to administer ADOS- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule
Knowledge of database software.
Ability to manage and organize data.
Must be detail-oriented.
Demonstrated communication (written and oral), problem-solving and collaborative skills.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...