Altarum is seeking a Registered Nurse in Silver Spring, MD for a 3-6 month research and education project. The Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for a range of activities for the Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC), which is tasked with establishing and maintaining a consistent standard of Traumatic Brian Injury (TBI) care across the Military Health System (MHS). The RN will create and evaluate TBI curriculum, tools, and training modules for stakeholders.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
• Development of TBI training modules to educate military healthcare providers, medics and corpsmen on the assessment, treatment, and management of mild TBI within theater or deployed location.
• Work directly with the DVBIC and DoD representatives to develop, modify, and update TBI core curriculums for all deploying commanders and service members within the DoD.
• Development of educational tool to accompany the DoD/Veteran Affairs (VA) clinical recommendations created by TBI experts on neuroendocrine dysfunction, vestibular dysfunction, sleep disorders in order to educate military and civilian providers on assessment and management of TBI related conditions within military treatment facilities.
• Serve as subject matter expert in TBI education by performing needs assessment, analysis of current research material, and employ advance design practices to develop state-of-the-art training material
• Registered Nurse; completion of an approved professional nursing program leading to a bachelor's degree is required.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional clinical nursing experience;
• Experience in care of Traumatic Brain Injury issues is required. Prior background in med-surg, intensive care, primary care is important.
• Experience in the analysis of courses, curricula or guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• MUST be eligible for a Security Clearance (Sole U.S. Citizenship required)
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...