Banner Health Clinic's psychology department provides mental health services for adolescents and adults in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. The practice is staffed with 7 psychologists who provide quality, comprehensive pscyhological services including general outpatient mental health services, cognitive and memory disorder screening, pre-surgical evaluations for bariatric and pain management procedures, and mental health services in a multidisciplinary cancer center. In addition, the practice provides mental health consultation and treatment on the medical floors for six East valley Banner hospitals.
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
This position provides quality, comprehensive psychological services on an inpatient, outpatient and emergency basis to various facilities within the health system while observing professional standards.
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
- Provides outpatient psychological services (including diagnostic interview, psychological/neuropsychological testing and individual, marital, family and/or group psychotherapy) to patients and employees.
- Provides inpatient consultation services to the various nursing units of various system facilities Works in consultation with interdisciplinary team members to facilitate differential diagnosis, treatment evaluation, and treatment planning. May provide services to facilities which are not part of the healthcare system as permitted by law.
- Provides emergency/on-call psychological services to emergency departments on a 24 hour basis, as well as to callers requesting crisis intervention services.
- Assists staff development and educational programs, including critical incident stress debriefing sessions, employee support groups, consultation to management regarding work group conflicts/issues, etc.
- Participates in peer review and quality improvement activities as requested by supervisor.
- Completes and documents 60 hours of continuing education every two years per governing board of Psychologist Examiners' guidelines. Serves on various medical staff committees, as appointed.
A doctoral degree in a field of study in or related to the field of psychology is required. Current licensure as a psychologist as required by the state in which services are provided Eligible for affiliate medical staff membership at various facilities. Knowledge of personality dynamics; principles of life span development; abnormal psychology; psychological tests and measurements; DSM-IV diagnostic criteria/methods; basic principles of neuropsychology and health psychology; principles of learning; behavior modification; individual, family and group psychotherapy techniques; and research methods required. These basic abilities are learned through graduate studies and the completion of 2000 hours of internship training, with expertise acquired via experience. Graduate training and experience should include evaluation and treatment methods with individuals ranging from age 5 through geriatric populations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.