Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are in need of a Part Time Psychologist (20 hours) who u nder direct supervision, conducts psychological evaluations and on-going assessments for clients whose level of care is under review. Provides consultation and training to staff and assesses appropriate level of care and effectiveness of services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work Experience and Requirements:
- Conducts psychological evaluations, including administering, scoring and interpreting select psychological instruments, and completing a comprehensive psychological report that provides specific recommendations for treatment.
- Trains clinical staff to maintain quality within the team, encourages growth and development of staff while instilling awareness of cultural diversity.
- Keeps current on research and state-of-the-art treatment for persons with mental disorders.
- Provides supervision to psychology candidates for licensure and psychology interns.
- Participates in student recruitment including application review, interviewing, selection and ranking.
- Ensures accuracy, quality and efficiency standards are met with regards to medical record standards and care coordination services for consumers. Advocates appropriate services for consumers.
- Provides consultation to Community Reach Center staff regarding mental health interventions and treatment recommendations using DSM-IV diagnostic criteria.
- Conducts mental health assessments and makes treatment recommendations using DSM-IV diagnostic criteria.
- Promotes collaborative working relationships and a positive learning environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of consumer records.
- Documents interventions and program activity according to Community Reach Center policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings, supervisory sessions, and special events.
- Refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
- PhD/PsyD in Psychology, including completion of an APA-approved internship.
- Prior supervisory experience required; experience with psychological assessments.
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must be licensed as a psychologist, and be in good standing with the State of Colorado.
- Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Necessary Skills: Communication, organization, time management, and strong clinical and assessment skills. Knowledge and understanding of mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
We value diversity!
Community Reach Center - 7 months ago
Community Reach Center, a 501[c] non-profit organization, is one of the premier mental health providers in the north metro Denver area, a...