Management & Training Corporation (MTC) - MTC Medical offers a unique blend of clinical and security expertise, insuring timely delivery of balanced and effective correctional health care. MTC Medical's health care experts offer correctional care at all levels, including the Federal Bureau of Prisons, state departments of corrections and jail facilities. MTC Medical provides health care services to more than 6000 inmates. These inmates receive medical care through an average of 9300 appointments each month. MTC Medical and North Central Correctional Complex are seeking the following:
Reports administratively to the health services administrator and clinically to the chief medical officer. Plan and implement all professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. The psychologist coordinates and directs the activities of personnel engaged in providing psychological services to inmates in compliance with MTC Medical and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Develops and implements treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
2. Assumes independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including applying crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
3. Conducts diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; makes referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
4. Provide direct casework services and individual, group and family counseling to inmates and their families.
5. Prepares progress reports; provides recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
6. Recruit, orient, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of all mental health departmental personnel.
7. Make recommendations and decisions on matters such as employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
8. Serves in rotation with other medical staff to provide after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include accepting on-call rotation.
9. Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audits files to determine that all services provided are documented; reviews status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed; observe applicable HIPPA laws.
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Advanced degree in psychology required. Must have appropriate certification or licensing and five (5) years clinical experience, two (2) of which must be in a comparable position. Must possess current CPR certification. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Please apply online at www.mtcjobs.com
MTC Medical in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Management & Training Corporation - 19 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...