Valor Healthcare is a fast-growing government contractor that develops and operates Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Our clinics are community- based outpatient primary care VA clinics which serve the local veteran population only.
A proud recipient of The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval, we serve more than 60,000 veterans and conduct more than 100,000 patient visits annually.
As a PSYCHOLOGIST in a VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic you will diagnose and treat patients with mental/behavioral health conditions in collaboration with other Mental Health team members. The PSYCHOLOGIST will be responsible for the following functions:
- Examines patient for symptoms of organic, congenital, or acquired disorders and determines nature and extent, performs comprehensive examinations, referring to diagnostic tests and utilizes medical instruments and equipment when appropriate; documents all medical information into the patient’s electronics medical record utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data and information.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Refers patient to the CBOC Psychiatrist or Physician for prescription of medication and medication maintenance when required.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Responsible for participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Doctor of Psychology Degree (with APA approved internship)
- Minimum, 1 year of clinical practice treating adult patients
- Valid, active & unrestricted license in the state where clinic is located
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually or as required)
Valor Healthcare - 17 months ago