Summary of Responsibilities
This full time, 12 month position reports to the Training Coordinator of the Counseling & Testing Center at Wichita State University. Primary responsibilities include provision of individual, group, and couples counseling for students, faculty, and staff, crisis intervention services, clinical supervision, outreach programming, and consultation/liaison.
- Completion of all coursework in a doctoral program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Completion of or current enrollment in a APPIC or APA accredited internship program.
- Successful experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health services for a wide range of presenting concerns.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strength as a presenter and provider of outreach programming.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registrations
- Eligible for licensure in the State of Kansas as a Temporary Licensed Psychologist or Masters Level Psychologist.
Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate
Position Description Information
- Completion of a doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology by September 1, 2014.
- Completion of an APA accredited internship by September 1, 2014.
- Previous experience providing mental health services in a college/university counseling center.
- Experience providing clinical supervision.
Regular Hours of Work
40 hours per week within the 8:00 am- 7:00 pm business hours, Monday through Thursdays and 8:00-5:00 pm on Fridays. Specific schedule to be determined in consultation with supervisor. Occasional weekend and evening hours for campus events. Able to resp
Job may put employee into contact with upset, disgruntled, or potentially threatening persons.
Wichita State University - 4 months ago