The Psychotherapist II is to provide mental health services to children ages 0 to 15 that have been identified by the Department of Mental Health as requiring a high level of care. Responsibilities include assessment, treatment planning, parent training, collateral contract, case management, and some crisis response. This is primarily a field-based position that requires a licensed bilingual (English/Spanish) psychotherapist.
Duties & Responsibilites:
• Provides intake, assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning for children, adolescents, and families.
• Provides individual and family psychotherapy to Severely Emotionally Disturbed children, adolescents and their families.
• Conducts specific follow-up services with therapy clients.
• Attends meetings and conferences to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with appropriate service providers. Establishes and maintains relationships with Department of Mental Health, Department of Public Social Service, and local academic and job training sites as well as social service provider agencies.
• Participates in case conferences to identify areas of program needs and assess effectiveness of treatment plans.
• Maintains appropriate documentation for services provided and submits required data.
Minimum Experience Required:
Two years of Post-Masters experience in a child, adolescent or family mental health setting.
Minimum Education/Training Required:
MA/MS Degree in Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy.
License, Registration or Certification Required:
Licensed by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Case management skills. Preferred: Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Founded in 1901, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is one of the nation’s leading children’s hospitals and is acknowledged worldwide for its leadership in pediatric and adolescent health. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is one of only seven children’s hospitals in the nation – and the only children’s hospitals on the West Coast – ranked for three consecutive years in all 10 pediatric specialties in the U.S. News and World Report rankings and named to the magazine’s “Honor Roll” of children’s hospitals.
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is a premier teaching hospital and has been affiliated with the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California since 1932.
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
- 2 years ago - save job
About Childrens Hospital Los Angeles (www.ChildrensHospitalLA.org) Founded in 1901, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles has been treating the...