Agency: Philadelphia FIGHT
Department: Diana Baldwin Clinic of the Jonathan Lax Center
Job T itle: Diana Baldwin Clinic Outpatient Psychot herapist
Application Deadline: January 31, 2014
This is a full-time outpatient psychotherapy position in the Diana Baldwin Clinic of Philadelphia FIGHT. The Diana Baldwin Clinic is located within the Jonathan Lax Center, a specialized medical center for t he treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS. As such, all staff are expected to work as team members with medical staff whenever agreed to by our clients in order to provide integrated, comprehensive treatment for the whole person. The Jonathan Lax Center treats a wide range of patients and their significant others, as well as providing preventative care, so that all staff of the Diana Baldwin Clinic must be comfortable working with a diverse range of patients in terms of age, race, culture/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, income and educational levels, medical health, and mental health needs.
Requisite Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
Tasks and Responsibilities
- A Masters degree or higher from an accredited institution in social work or psychol ogy, or related field documented by an original transcript.
- A current license specifically governing the practice of mental/behavioral health therapy in Pennsylvania that makes the therapist eligible to bill Medicare (e.g., LCSW or licensed psychologist ). License must be presented at the interview .
- A minimum of five years (post Master’s degree) providing supervised professional individual and group therapy to clients with a wide range of DSM diagnoses including depression, anxiety, drug dependence, and dual diagnosis . Must communicate effectively with HIV infected/affected individuals.
- Must have experience with the following treatment modalities: individual and group therapy, and psychoeducational groups. Experience with couples and family treatment is helpful.
- Ability to utilize and follow all mental health licensing regulations and requirements of the state, insurance companies, and other funding sources.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Good clinical writing skills and the ability to maintain client charts and provide reports as needed according to the policies and procedures of the Diana Baldwin Clinic.
- Two original letter s of reference must be provided with the resume, and upon hire, an updated resume must be developed including the Philadelphia FIGHT position.
- Current child abuse clearance and criminal record checks will be conducted .
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Professional Credentialing : Maintain professional license and any certifications to perform the duties described in this agreemen t. Must provide the administrator of the program with original or verified copies of current license, clearances, and attendance to up-to-date trainings and credentials to meet the requirements of both your licensing and credentialing boa rds. Therapist must notify Philadelphia FIGHT human resources, the Diana Baldwin Clinic Clinical Supervisor, and the Director of Behavioral Health Services of any disciplinary action taken by any professional credentialing body within two working days of being notified of any such action.
- Maintain professional liability (malpractice) insurance with coverage at a minimum of $500,000/occurrence and 1,500,000 aggregate. Verified cover sheet to be provided and updated annually by the independent practitioner.
- Psychotherapy : Provide assessments, referrals, individual, couples, group and/or family therapy for a minimum of 23 direct clinical service hours weekly . Types of groups provided will be determined by the Clinic ’s needs and the therapist’s specific clinical expertise.
- Confidentiality : Therapists must maintain the confidentiality of all clients of the Diana Baldwin Clinic to the extent allowable by Pennsylvania and federal laws including HIPAA and the Penna. Confidentiality of Information Act (Act 148).
- Continued Education : In addition to maintaining current PA license to practice, therapist must attend all mandated orientation and continuing education trainings required by Community Behavioral Health, and other insurers and funding sources for the Diana Baldwin Clinic. When relevant and approved by Diana Baldwin Clinic Clinical Supervisor and the Director of Behavioral Health Services , therapists may substitute comparable alternative trainings and provide verified documentation of attendance including the training title, number of hours, trainer and their credentials, date, location, and at least a brief description of the training content. A current CPR certification must be maintained with verified evidence.
- Charting : Maintain charts for caseload per CBH standards and be up to date on individual session notes, treatment plans and related materials by the end of each week. Complete Biopsychosocial Evaluations, Initial Treatment Plan, BDI, BAI, MSE by the end of the 3 rd session and initial releases, demographic information and other chart materials by the end of the 1 st session. Complete updated treatment plan, BDI, BAI and MSE every 3-4 months with concurrent review. Make charts available on request for internal or external audit.
- Clinical supervision/staff training : Attend mandatory clinical peer supervision meetings and individual supervision session s with Diana Baldwin Clinical Supervisor weekly. As needed, participate in team meetings and interdisciplinary work groups as designated by the Director of Behavioral Health Services or the medical director of the Lax Center. This position directly reports to the Clinical Supervisor of the Diana Baldwin Clinic.
- Crisis Intervention : Properly advise clients of your contact availability outside of treatment sessions, your contact information, and the on-call policy of the Diana Baldwin Clinic. Must make specific arrangements for coverage of your clients when on vacation, out-of-town, or are otherwise unavailable and inform the Diana Baldwin Clinic Clinical Supervisor and the Director of Behavioral Health Services . Advise your clients of options with regard to emergency services available at area hospitals.
- Coordination of care : Coordinate care of clients with medical staff and referral sources. Provide and gain consultation as needed for your clients with other members of the treatment team. Refer clients to other levels of care or for other services as needed.
Philadelphia FIGHT is an equal opportunity employer. Male-identified clinicians and therapists of color are strongly urged to apply.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to:
no later than January 31 , 2014.
Monster - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard